hey y'all.
    i'm thrilled and proud to be back with blackberry after a brief stint with a DROID. i do enjoy android quite a bit, but miss the seamless email functionality i had with my curve 8330. also the moto DROID leaves a lot to be desired physically and ergonomically for me. so i reactivated my curve for a week or so to see if it's really as good as i remember. and it is. so i thought it'd be time to upgrade.
    i know most of you here are thinking i should have waited for the tour2/bold or what have you, but i just can't wait. one thing about the DROID, it's speed blows the curve 8330 out of the water. it's hard to justify using an 8330 when i have a DROID sitting like a paper weight on my desk.
    needless to say i just ordered my tour. i wasn't sure if i could handle the keyboard since i love the 8330 keyboard so much, but a short field test at a store today convinced me that the tour keyboard is equally awesome.

anyway...this brings my needlessly lengthy post to an end. thanks for listening and once again, i'm psyched to be back.

later.
    randy
    03-09-10 08:56 PM
    Welcome back
    03-09-10 10:29 PM
    Welcome back, the Tour is a great device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 10:49 PM
    I was in the same boat as you. I did a brief stint with android on a htc hero. I loved the android os but just couldn't live without the messaging capability of blackberry. And the hero battery life was crap. Maybe 8 hours on a good day. But now I'm back and happy as I could be.

03-09-10 10:49 PM
    thanks for the welcome everyone.
    kassdog: while i did notice a drastic decline in battery life, i never had much of a problem. it probably only lasted half as long as my 8330, but that's still at least a full days use. my main complaint was the keyboard. the droid's physical keyboard is uncomfortable, due to being off center, slick and very low profile with no space between keys. because of that, i found myself wanting to use the onscreen keyboard as often as possible. unfortunately, the accuracy of the screen on the droid does not compare to that of an iphone or even a droid eris (or mytouch, hero, etc).
    all this coupled with the BBs superior email/messaging it was almost a no-brainer. i did like the true threaded SMS though. how is the SMS on the tour?

-randy
    03-09-10 11:04 PM
    I personally love it some people hate it so you'll have to see. But I don't think you'll be disappointed.

03-09-10 11:08 PM
    welcome back to the ADDICTION!!!!
    03-09-10 11:27 PM
    I love the Tour. It runs fast and just works.
    03-10-10 01:04 AM
    Welcome back, I strayed too at one time. Had to give up the HTC, wasn't my style... preferred the BlackBerry.
    03-10-10 05:13 AM
    welcome back...
    03-10-10 08:29 AM
    I left Blackberry for an HTC Hero for all of about 12 days, and just went back to the Tour yesterday. I just couldn't live without the flawless email, bbm, and physical keyboard. I do have to say that I kind of miss the excellent internet on the Hero. But hopefully the webkit browser will be here any day now.
    03-10-10 10:11 AM
    Install a 5.0 release or a hybrid and you wont be dissapointed
    03-10-10 10:38 AM
    Yeah I am in the same boat. I got the hero when I switched to sprint from vzw to save money (service is the same here) and now wish I would have just gotten the tour. So I am going to today to get a tour and switch back. I love the android os but my fingers and the hero just don't get along very well.
    03-10-10 11:02 AM
    The Tour does not have threaded sms yet but it is available in the hybrids and early 5.0 leaks. I have 5.0.230 installed on my tour and love the threaded, i have had to do it to my brothers 8330 and girlfriends 8330 also. I have been switching back to the Droid and my tour also and love them both, missing pieces of each one, bbm and push for blackberry and the speed of the droid
    03-10-10 11:16 AM
    Woo hoo! Welcome back, i'm sure you will love the tour vs the Curve 8330. I went from that phone and I gotta say, this Tour is freaking awesome. The keyboard is one of my favorite features of the phone. Its an all around great phone. I haven't had any problems for the 4 months i've had it and hopefully it's the same for you.
    03-10-10 04:32 PM
    I left Blackberry for an HTC Hero for all of about 12 days, and just went back to the Tour yesterday. I just couldn't live without the flawless email, bbm, and physical keyboard. I do have to say that I kind of miss the excellent internet on the Hero. But hopefully the webkit browser will be here any day now.
    I wouldn't plan on this happening anytime soon.
    03-10-10 06:09 PM
    my Tour arrive today...so far i'm digging it. the keyboard is fantastic. going through the setup process right now. you forget how many little tweaks you've done to all you settings until you change your phone...

-randy
    03-11-10 11:48 AM
    I am so jealous that you got your tour! Lol. I went in to go take back my hero and get a tour and they didn't have any in stock. The store put one on order but won't be here till next week. I don't know if my hero will last that long. Haha. Anyway, glad you are liking the Tour.
    03-11-10 12:12 PM
    ===== QUOTE evb624 ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I wouldn't plan on this happening anytime soon.
    You know, that's true. I've had the Tour since last August. I decided to get the Droid by opening a second line. Well I have to say that after 2 days with the Droid, I missed my Tour so much for keyboard, BBM and of course email. I believe for some stuffs, you just can't beat a good ole Blackberry, I must agree. Of course I miss android flawless browsing experience and the awesome apps but the email experience on it sucked really bad!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-11-10 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD