Playing on my Tour today and surfing the web VERY SLOWLY since the official .732 OS upgrade, my phone takes a major crap....internet locks up, images are pixelated and ALL themes begin running together, despite numerous resets/battery pulls/etc! I go to internet again and get an uncaught exception java illegal language something or another. Call up Big Red in a very pissed off mood. Play the customer service game of do this, do that, did that work? Here let me transfer you to a tech....work through things with the tech and when nothing we worked 30 mins through actually helps my phone (actually it got worse) he says hold on, and puts me on hold. Comes back in about 2 mins and tells me that the phone is fried and says a new one will be out and I'll have it in two days. Of course, he says, it WILL NOT be a Tour. They are on backorder and will most likely not come in at all. Then he breaks the news to me that it will be a new Bold 9650 and then says he will be shipping my wife a new Bold 9650 too in order to expedite things and so she won't have to go through the hassle of another call in to VZW. TOOOOOOO COOOOOOL!!!!! He actually asked if this would be okay with me!!!!WTF!!! I got two Bolds coming my way!!! Way to go VZW, way to go. Despite problems I've had in the past with the Storm (don't ask) and customer service, THIS is why I stay with VZW. They have always (sometimes with a lot of prompting) taken care of me.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-10 05:41 PM
    Yep see the 80 plus page thread in the verizon forum. Then you can go from happy you got a bold replacement to stressing if it's a 2lb pkg or a 1lb pkg. (just kidding and all in fun) The Bold replacement of tours is very popular right now and it sounds like plenty of people are getting replacements for trackball issues etc. Verizon has been very busy and so has fed ex lately. Happy you are getting a better phone.
    06-21-10 06:33 PM
    Playing on my Tour today and surfing the web VERY SLOWLY since the official .732 OS upgrade, my phone takes a major crap....internet locks up, images are pixelated and ALL themes begin running together, despite numerous resets/battery pulls/etc! I go to internet again and get an uncaught exception java illegal language something or another. Call up Big Red in a very pissed off mood. Play the customer service game of do this, do that, did that work? Here let me transfer you to a tech....work through things with the tech and when nothing we worked 30 mins through actually helps my phone (actually it got worse) he says hold on, and puts me on hold. Comes back in about 2 mins and tells me that the phone is fried and says a new one will be out and I'll have it in two days. Of course, he says, it WILL NOT be a Tour. They are on backorder and will most likely not come in at all. Then he breaks the news to me that it will be a new Bold 9650 and then says he will be shipping my wife a new Bold 9650 too in order to expedite things and so she won't have to go through the hassle of another call in to VZW. TOOOOOOO COOOOOOL!!!!! He actually asked if this would be okay with me!!!!WTF!!! I got two Bolds coming my way!!! Way to go VZW, way to go. Despite problems I've had in the past with the Storm (don't ask) and customer service, THIS is why I stay with VZW. They have always (sometimes with a lot of prompting) taken care of me.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wow! Some people have all the luck...
    I'm confused on the OOS status of the Tours since I was sent a refurb Tour earlier today ?
    06-21-10 09:58 PM
    Yep see the 80 plus page thread in the verizon forum. Then you can go from happy you got a bold replacement to stressing if it's a 2lb pkg or a 1lb pkg. (just kidding and all in fun) The Bold replacement of tours is very popular right now and it sounds like plenty of people are getting replacements for trackball issues etc. Verizon has been very busy and so has fed ex lately. Happy you are getting a better phone.
    LOL!! True!
    06-22-10 08:30 AM
    LOL well congrats. That is pretty sweet. Now you dont tell your wife, and save it and give it to her as a gift and look like a hero
    06-22-10 08:37 AM
    is the Bold really that much better? I think I would only be happy if they said they were sending me an HTC Incredible. Why replace one piece of junk with another?
    06-22-10 10:50 AM
    is the Bold really that much better? I think I would only be happy if they said they were sending me an HTC Incredible. Why replace one piece of junk with another?
    Guess you're on a real downer today. First you cretae your own post to cry in your milk, then you reply in this post with some more of your very upbeat attitude.
    06-22-10 11:00 AM
    yeah - I'm really on a roll I suppose :/
    06-22-10 11:08 AM
    Yeah that would happen.

Not.

(Warranty replacements can go back to the vendor; cross-vendor replacements have been extraordinarily rare [i.e. <1%] in the case of ultra-high value customers [i.e. no one who would ever post on these forums])
    06-22-10 11:23 AM
    Ive never had a problem with Verizon Customer Service, They've alwasy been great to me.

Yeah the Bold is really that much better. Faster processor, way more memory, WiFi OS6 compatible, Trackpad.
    06-22-10 11:36 AM
    The biggest upgrade being the trackpad, honestly. I've had all kinds of issues with my Tour trackball over the past few months and finally called VZ to have it replaced. I also was offered a Bold, though not initially. The guy actually had the cojones to offer an 8530 as a replacement stating "it's not really a downgrade". Then he offered a Tour with no camera, and finally came to the conclusion that he in fact COULD offer me the bold. I still can't help but chuckle at being offered a Curve to replace my Tour.
    06-22-10 01:02 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me when I was at the store today. The rep came to me and was like "Would it be a problem if we just send you the new Bold instead of the Tour?" so of course I said ok and now i got a new Bold being shipped to me.
    06-22-10 02:02 PM
    According to tracking on FedEx it should be here, from Memphis, TN, by 7:00 PM 06/23/10!!!!! AND it's a 2lb package!!!!!!!!! (I absolutely could not resist that little dig as I've read the thread you mentioned)
    Really though, I'm impressed with them, especially when they asked if that would be okay and gave me an out to get away from BB in general. Couldn't do that though. As Incredible as the Incredible seems, I need battery life beyond half a day or so. Besides, if you think RIM is pushing out new berries fast, what about the droids? Good Lord but there's a new droid , like, every week or month now.
    I love my Blackberry and couldn't make the switch, hopefully I won't regret it.
    06-22-10 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD