Hi everyone,
    I just got the Tour 9630 on VZW and it's my first blackberry. My college email is though Google Apps for Education (for all intents and purposes, it's gmail with a different domain name). I've been very disappointed with gmail on BIS so far. I set up my account as a gmail account, changed the domain name blah blah and set up the account and it has it's own email icon on the home screen, etc.

Thing is, it didn't load my inbox (only email I see are ones I've received since getting the phone) and emails don't always show up as new in my inbox. I suspect that the not being new part might have to do with me running Thunderbird on my computer, but even still the message had never been opened and it somehow was marked read on my BB.

Yes, I know there's a Gmail app. I don't like/want that, I want push, real time email, so that's out of the question. I just get the feeling that I'm not getting the proper e-mailing experience on my phone. I imagined it would be having all the functionality of Thunderbird on my phone, like you know legit IMAP, but I don't even have my inbox??

Anyway, I'm hoping I just set up my email account wrong and that there's a fix. Any tips to help improve my gmail experience on a blackberry? TIA
    08-15-09 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD