.... and I have no Contact alerts set ....
    anyone else have this?
    02-24-10 08:56 AM
    Yup. I stopped trying to figure it out. Gave me migraines!
    02-24-10 08:58 AM
    Did you go in and check Silent mode? And make sure nothing is set or changed?

Also I know on some OS's for 9630 the profiles can be buggy.. Does it happen all the time?
    02-24-10 08:58 AM
    soln looks to be to create your own custom profile -- and ignore the rim presets
    02-24-10 09:04 AM
    This is a huge problem with OS 4.7 on the Tour. It's well documented that the Profiles all generalize (can't set one without influencing the others). Custom Profiles might work. It did for me once, but now doesn't....What's odd to me is how I've seen it on any Tour I've come in contact with, but on this board, many say they love the Tour with absolutely no problems. Maybe they don't use many Profiles to see the problem, or this is not universal, but it is definitely prevalent.
    02-24-10 10:06 AM
    this problem is easy to solve. do this:

select your profile, choose silent
    go back to that menu and choose edit profiles
    select silent
    click phone
    make sure the volume below the ring tone is set to silent.

:-)
    02-24-10 10:13 AM
    If you choose Silent, and set the ring tone to silent...then go to Normal, you will find the ring tone is also silent. If in Normal, you reset the ring tone to hear it, then back in Silent, it will be set the same way. They affect each other. Have you found a way to avoid that? Even my Custom Profiles do that. At this point, I have a custom profile for most alerts to Vibrate, and use the Silent for Silent. But I am unable to have any Profile "ring" for phone if I want to maintain the Vibrate and Silent. Fortunately I don't need "ring" for phone, but it is a bug in all the Tours I've seen.
    02-24-10 10:19 AM
    I have 5.0 on my vzw tour and have no problems like that whatsoever.
    02-24-10 10:21 AM
    OHHHHHHHH! Lucky. I am still on 4.7, waiting for the US Cellular release. I am not wanting to mess with the unofficial versions of 5.0 as they void the warranty and I'm not wanting to hassle with that risk, or having to reinstall the old version if there are problems. My Tour is fine as set up for me now, since I don't need ring tones. But I guess when folks complain about these Profiles, we should make it clear which OS they are having issues with.
    02-24-10 10:29 AM
    I don't know about US cellular, but I have verizon. I asked them if 5.0 would void my warranty. She said it would not, I just may not be able to get appropriate technical support with some applications but that would rarely happen since the curve 8520 has 5.0... She said if a software problem couldnt be resolved I would have to back up my phone and go back to 4.7. Not a big deal.

5.0 from mts mobility is like night and day for me. Threaded sms, 10 percent more battery life, multimedia player is better, the list goes on...
    02-24-10 10:37 AM
    Thanks, I will check with USCC again on that.
    02-24-10 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD