So after reading that default profiles weren't editable, I went ahead and set a custom Vibrate profile. Essentially all it did was turn everything to Vibrate. Well I noticed that I didn't get a reply from Ubertwitter buzzed to me, so I went to check the settings. The Ubertwitter WAS set to Vibrate however didn't send me anything, so I'm not sure if that was a problem with the Blackberry or the application. But the bigger problem was that now things like MMS and SMS had their ringer set to "5" instead of Silent... which would have caused a problem in a meeting or something. However, not everything was changed, and most of the settings were still sent to vibrate only. Has anyone else run into any problems with the custom profiles magically changing themselves?
    07-13-09 10:06 AM
    Yes. I had my text messages set to a custom ringer that dropped off and reset to a "standard" one.

Frankly, I'm not getting profiles at ALL on the Tour. What does "normal" mean???? Versus just assigning a volume level?

And I'm not complaining here, but I like to see flashingLED for my personal e-mail account but not work account (phone would flash all day if it did work). I changed profile to silent now that I'm at the office and my work account is not flashing LED. So the LED settings in normal override whatever may have been set in Silent? Is there some way to view what the actual settings ARE in all the other profiles?

I really hope they do an update to get it a bit more in line with how the Curve 8330 worked. I don't see a way to do exceptions. I like my voicemail notifications (through e-mail) to have a different sound, but I like being able to turn it on and off via exception because I only turn it on when I'm not in the office during normal business hours. I don't want to hear the notification at 7:00 p.m. when I'm home, but if I'm home at 3:00 and get a voicemail I do want the sound (I get an e-mail notifying me).

I'm still amazed that a newer device went backwards with profiles.
    07-13-09 10:25 AM
    Have any of you read the book?? These seem like simple fixes.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 10:31 AM
    What book? I've read the user guide but have seen nothing about profiles automatically changing settings without me knowing or telling it to.
    07-13-09 11:04 AM
    I am having problems as well. I tried to make a profile for just work and night but they are changing without me knowing. What is up with that. I just don't get it. Please help us.

I agree, the user guide has no assistance in this problem as well.
    07-13-09 11:09 AM
    I'm trying to figure out what caused my profiles to change. The only thing I could think of was that I did a battery pull. Since I changed them back I haven't had issues.
    07-13-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD