I'm going to give my unlocked spare VZW Tour to a niece in Ottawa (Canada) to use on the Rogers GSM network.
    She doesn't have a Rogers account, so after she gets one, what exactly does she need to do to make it work?
    She'll use it as a phone as well as get BlackBerry data on it, and will use her bellnet email on it - should she use the Rogers BIS or the VZW BIS?
    Thx in advance.
    Last edited by ofelas; 12-06-09 at 11:09 AM.
    12-06-09 10:49 AM
    Once she gets her account, she will get a SIM card. The SIM goes in the phone, and she will use Rogers BIS.
    12-06-09 02:36 PM
    Once she gets her account, she will get a SIM card. The SIM goes in the phone, and she will use Rogers BIS.
    So she got a SIM card & a Rogers account this afternoon.
    The Rogers rep informed her the Verizon BB 9630 would not work, even though the radio was set to GSM & it was unlocked by me a few months back.
    What gives?
    Last edited by ofelas; 12-06-09 at 03:44 PM.
    12-06-09 03:41 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, unlocked Tour with a Rogers SIM will work but will only get EDGE and not 3G .
    I'm not too sure about reps. Last week I spoke to a rep about my account and when he looked into my account he said "you're lucky you have the Tour, put in your SIM card and use it on our new hspa network." Sometimes you have to wonder how they got their jobs. Sorry if a rep reads this, obviously I'm not saying all reps are clueless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 04:40 PM
    Thx; just to double check, I called VZW & they verified that the Tour's PIN was no longer associated with my account, and that it was indeed unlocked when I called in to do it a couple months back.
    I guess I'll tell her to try another Rogers store.
    12-06-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD