So I plugged my phone into my computer and desktop manager told me there was an update available. Luckily, I backed the phone up before doing the update because moments later, BB Desktop Manager said that the update failed. The phone rebooted and gave me the "Reload device software" message. This was at 8:30pm and the Sprint store closes at 9 pm. So I restarted the phone once more (hoping it was a fluke) and after seeing failure again, I zipped over to the Sprint store. So now, I am here without a Blackberry because they have to reload the software and it won't be ready until tomorrow morning. This SUCKS!
    02-11-10 09:39 PM
    Ouch, sorry to hear that. I feel completely naked without my BB so I know what you're going through. The good thing is that you'll be able to pick it up in the morning though.
    02-11-10 09:43 PM
    You could have done it yourself in about an hour and be playing with your bb right now.

I did it last night while in my truck following the instructions right here on CrackBerry on how to recover a dead BlackBerry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-10 10:07 PM
    never heard of it taking all night to do i would have said im not leaving without my damn phone lol
    02-11-10 10:08 PM
    Yeah, the instructions on here are for PCs...I have a Mac. Also, it was understandable because I got to the store at 8:55 and it closed at 9. They told me it would be prepared as soon as they open at 10am tomorrow. So you better believe I'll be there at 10 sharp to pick it up. Haha
    02-11-10 11:36 PM
    i think sprint was rushing when they put their update out, because ive been having a little bit of issues with .484. one thing that i noticed, my video camera records, but with no sound... one more thing that i noticed is that when i want to do a keylock, the nice key lock screen is gone, its just all black...i think sprint had the right idea, but droped the ball...i will be downgrading back to .419...SO SPRINT NEED TO STOP BULL****TING AND BRING OUT THE TOUR 2. CAN I GET A AMEN??!!?
    02-14-10 11:10 AM
    and the battery is so bad i cant believe this
    02-14-10 01:53 PM
    Please .484 works the way its meant to. The lock at the top locks your keyboard and if you truly have batt issues its not the software
    02-14-10 02:25 PM
    The only issue I have been having is still getting the registration mail after a reboot. It seems quite a bit snappier than .419, and I haven't had the disappearing internet icon that others are reporting. With .419 I couldn't get the PRL update to work, but it worked the first time with .484. So far overall I'm pleased myself.

02-14-10 02:31 PM
    I know a lot of people are upset withe registration email I dont mind I dont do that many reboots anyway
    02-14-10 02:33 PM
    Same here, I have Quickpull set up to reboot twice a week, so I only have to delete the mail those two times. I was just a little surprised that it was still in this release. But the other improvements, especially threaded SMS is definitely worth it to me.

02-14-10 02:39 PM
    There is a fix for the registration/reboot issue...takes 2 minutes to resolve

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/963...4/#post4659533
    Last edited by MsRandall; 02-14-10 at 02:41 PM.
    02-14-10 02:39 PM
    Yeah the threaded sms is the best
    02-14-10 02:44 PM
    only problem i am havin is everytime i delete an app that i got from blackberry app world it also deletes blackberry app world....oh yea and also nimbuzz doesnt work...
    02-14-10 05:19 PM
    .419 ain't great but the sprint release is even worse.

02-14-10 11:48 PM
    .419 ain't great but the sprint release is even worse.

Ya I loved the new .484 so well I wiped the phone two days later and went back to .419 with hybrid attached.... only way to go folks!
    02-15-10 12:49 AM
    never heard of it taking all night to do i would have said im not leaving without my damn phone lol
    And I would have handed your nuked phone back to you and said "have fun."

I'll be damned if some knucklehead is going to keep me at work an extra hour.

02-15-10 01:00 AM
    Yeah, I'm glad I had no problems with Verizon. I downloaded the 5.0.0.419 from Alltel. Someone said .419 ain't that great but compared to 4.7 it seems amazing. My battery is lasting for freaking ever and that's worth it right there. And of course the threaded text.
    02-15-10 01:12 AM
    Ya I loved the new .484 so well I wiped the phone two days later and went back to .419 with hybrid attached.... only way to go folks!
    Hopefully we'll get some new leaks and the .484 hybrids can start surpassing the .419 hybrids

02-15-10 01:23 AM
    I wish I knew how to get a hybrid for my .419. I search on here and never find it. I google it and can't find a direct link only reviews. And on here people refuse to tell me where to get it. Every time I ask I get ignored. lol

It's like .484. I have no idea how to get the thing. I see a link NOWHERE. If it wasn't for the sticky on here I would have never got the .419 Alltel for my Verizon. And the browser patch I got for .484 which works for .419 makes it way faster but if I had to find it again don't know if I could. Someone linked me to a thread that had the link somewhere on here and I have no idea which thread it was. And I searched for it and couldn't find it again so hopefully I won't need it again!

Someone sent me a PM asking where the browser patch was and I was like I have no idea man. He asked on here too and no one would tell him. Not always a lot of help here!

A lot of reviews and talk about stuff but no one wants to help us new people get the links! And some say, "Search CrackBerry," but that doesn't work because if you search for 5.0.0.484 or even just .484 you get no results because it won't let you search numbers. So, I have no idea what to type in to find the stuff.
    02-15-10 02:15 AM
    I wish I knew how to get a hybrid for my .419. I search on here and never find it. I google it and can't find a direct link only reviews. And on here people refuse to tell me where to get it. Every time I ask I get ignored. lol

It's like .484. I have no idea how to get the thing. I see a link NOWHERE. If it wasn't for the sticky on here I would have never got the .419 Alltel for my Verizon. And the browser patch I got for .484 which works for .419 makes it way faster but if I had to find it again don't know if I could. Someone linked me to a thread that had the link somewhere on here and I have no idea which thread it was. And I searched for it and couldn't find it again so hopefully I won't need it again!

Someone sent me a PM asking where the browser patch was and I was like I have no idea man. He asked on here too and no one would tell him. Not always a lot of help here!

A lot of reviews and talk about stuff but no one wants to help us new people get the links! And some say, "Search CrackBerry," but that doesn't work because if you search for 5.0.0.484 or even just .484 you get no results because it won't let you search numbers. So, I have no idea what to type in to find the stuff.
    You my friend need to hone your searching skills The links are there, you just need to search in the right sub forum using the correct keywords like "sprint update" for .484 os, "browser patch" or "hybrid" for the others. Not everyone is ignoring you and the links are somewhere, so here you go my friend:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/ea...hybrid-421384/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/963...-fixes-420774/
    02-15-10 03:43 AM
    You my friend need to hone your searching skills The links are there, you just need to search in the right sub forum using the correct keywords like "sprint update" for .484 os, "browser patch" or "hybrid" for the others. Not everyone is ignoring you and the links are somewhere, so here you go my friend:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/ea...hybrid-421384/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/963...-fixes-420774/
    Yeah, true but when I search a lot of times I have to read a million threads just talking about it and not how to do it so I give up.
    02-15-10 03:06 PM
    Well I hate the stupid keypad lock...every time I uses it my screen goes black and then comes back up...then I have to press every darn key just to enter my password because the top keypad lock on the phone doesn't work right..
    02-15-10 04:30 PM
    There are a few hybrids out for Sprint 5.0 already and
    fixes for a few of the problems that came with it also.
    If you are still looking for them got go to bbhybrids.net
    02-15-10 05:21 PM
    After upgrading to 5.0 and fighting with Sprint here in Houston that it's out and they reply it isn't my desk top manager does not work. I've upgraded the Desktop Manager to 5.1 but it still does not recognize the DM. Has anyone has this same problem?
    02-15-10 06:53 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD