This is a new problem for my Bold - been working fine for the last 4-5 months but in the last week it has been booting off completely. It has done this when texting, calling, answering a call as well as when it is just sitting there. The red light will come on and then I have to boot the device completely up. Wow what I could do with the minutes and minutes that I have wasted waiting for the thing to restart.
    Any similar problems? - any suggested solutions?
    09-25-10 10:25 PM
    This is a new problem for my Bold - been working fine for the last 4-5 months but in the last week it has been booting off completely. It has done this when texting, calling, answering a call as well as when it is just sitting there. The red light will come on and then I have to boot the device completely up. Wow what I could do with the minutes and minutes that I have wasted waiting for the thing to restart.
    Any similar problems? - any suggested solutions?
    Do you have a Bold or a Tour? You posted this in the Tour forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-10 11:13 PM
    Call your carrier's customer service line and explain the problem to them so they can get you one that isn't broken.
    09-26-10 04:33 AM
    Hey sorry for the confusion - this is in reference to my Tour.
    09-26-10 03:28 PM
    Being that the device is 4-5 months old, I highly doubt your carrier will be much help. Try wiping the OS and reinstalling, you can find instructions in the forums here. Also, have you tried multiple battery pulls and installed the latest OS?

09-26-10 06:45 PM
    Being that the device is 4-5 months old, I highly doubt your carrier will be much help. Try wiping the OS and reinstalling, you can find instructions in the forums here. Also, have you tried multiple battery pulls and installed the latest OS?

What do you mean the carrier can't help with this if it is 4-5 months old, seeing that the device has a 1yr manufacturer's warranty? The carrier should be able to provide a warranty replacement although it will likely be in the form of a refurbished unit.

By all means, try a wipe and reinstall the OS, but if/when it doesn't help, customer service can.
    09-26-10 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD