I can get all of my ringtones to change (phone, email, mms, etc) but I cannot get my SMS ringtone to change. I'll click the sound icon in the upper left hand corner, go to Set Ring Tones/Alerts>Messages>SMS Text and change the ringtone and then save it, but once I look in my phone book to verify it all of my ringtones are stuck on "Sanguine". The only way I can change my ringtone for my whole phone book is to go through and individually change the ringtone for each person.
    A couple of months ago I had downloaded CrunchSMS, which I read on other threads may be the cause of the problem, but I deleted it shortly after downloading it. I have also taken out my battery and media card and done a full reboot.
    Any one know how to fix this?
    08-11-10 09:51 PM
    Are you wanting to have specific SMS sound alerts for your various contacts, or change your SMS alert for all? For individual contacts, after you click on the sounds icon at top left, scroll down to Set Contact Alerts. In there you can set the ringtone for that contact, both phone and SMS. If you are wanting to change the SMS alert for all incoming texts, be sure to check which profile you are working with. You may need to choose Edit Profile instead of Set Alerts. Good luck.
    08-12-10 01:43 PM
    I want to change my SMS alert for ALL my contacts in my phone book, just one alert for them all, no custom alerts. But every time I go to Set Contact Alerts to change it, it will let me save a new alert, but "Sanguine" is still set for all the contacts. The same thing for if I go to Edit Profile. I'll select a new alert, for example "BBPro_Link" save it, exit out, but then it is still stuck on "Sanguine" and every time there is an incoming text it plays "Sanguine" even though it is saved as "BBPro_Link"
    08-12-10 02:07 PM
    The only way I've found to change that is to go through all of your contacts and edit them one by one by going to EDIT CONTACT, scrolling down to CUSTOM RING TONES/ALERTS, scroll on to MESSAGES, click on that and change the first option to the tone you want. I wish I knew a better way myself to do them all at once.

Edit: I've tried the edit profile and set it to the tone I wanted, made sure that profile was active and still my phone does like the op's and defaults back to "Sanguine". Editing contacts one by one is the only way I've found sucess with.......
    Last edited by hardknox00001; 08-12-10 at 02:25 PM.
    08-12-10 02:20 PM
    I can get all of my ringtones to change (phone, email, mms, etc) but I cannot get my SMS ringtone to change. I'll click the sound icon in the upper left hand corner, go to Set Ring Tones/Alerts>Messages>SMS Text and change the ringtone and then save it, but once I look in my phone book to verify it all of my ringtones are stuck on "Sanguine". The only way I can change my ringtone for my whole phone book is to go through and individually change the ringtone for each person.
    A couple of months ago I had downloaded CrunchSMS, which I read on other threads may be the cause of the problem, but I deleted it shortly after downloading it. I have also taken out my battery and media card and done a full reboot.
    Any one know how to fix this?
    I also had this problem and was told it was a bug in the OS. After enough complaining I was issued a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 02:39 AM
    I someone should come up with an app that is designed to return all your contact's sounds to a sound of your choice. "AlertRevert" ? Just my two cents
    09-02-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD