Hey everybody, long time reader but I am so livid right now I made an account just to post this.

So last night (July 2nd) I pre-ordered my Tour at the price point of $199.99. Earlier today (as seen on the crackberry homepage) the "crisis" was fixed and now existing customers could pre-order their tours for $149.99. I was pretty pissed off I got cheated out of $50 in a matter of 15 hours or so but I let it slide. Then about 45 minutes ago, I found myself on vzw.com/tour and low and behold, they are offering the Tour for a low price point of $99.99, thats half of what I paid less than a day ago. Now, I understand that there are price changes all the time for phones, but how can a company cut the price in half in a matter of one day for a product that HASNT RELEASED YET?!

I call up customer service (i'm sure one could guess how that went), and they told me they have no record of me ever ordering the tour, and that "promotions vary on a daily basis, and they are not responsible", i say F THAT, I've been a customer of Verizon for 10 years.

/endrant

Anybody else get screwed with this pricing mishap, or am I the only one? I didn't see any mention of it on the forums so I had to post it myself.
    07-03-09 10:16 PM
    10 years is a long time, i am sure it will get straightened out.
    07-03-09 10:19 PM
    What are you smoking? 2 year contract price has always been $199.99.
    07-03-09 10:19 PM
    They just reverted it back after my phone call to customer service, how comforting. I know now I seem crazy, but believe me, less than 20 minutes ago it was 269.99 -70 online discount -100 New Every Two discount (which wasnt there yesterday)
    07-03-09 10:23 PM
    Probably because you were not logged in yesterday.
    07-03-09 10:26 PM
    Hey everybody, long time reader but I am so livid right now I made an account just to post this.

So last night (July 2nd) I pre-ordered my Tour at the price point of $199.99. Earlier today (as seen on the crackberry homepage) the "crisis" was fixed and now existing customers could pre-order their tours for $149.99. I was pretty pissed off I got cheated out of $50 in a matter of 15 hours or so but I let it slide. Then about 45 minutes ago, I found myself on vzw.com/tour and low and behold, they are offering the Tour for a low price point of $99.99, thats half of what I paid less than a day ago. Now, I understand that there are price changes all the time for phones, but how can a company cut the price in half in a matter of one day for a product that HASNT RELEASED YET?!

I call up customer service (i'm sure one could guess how that went), and they told me they have no record of me ever ordering the tour, and that "promotions vary on a daily basis, and they are not responsible", i say F THAT, I've been a customer of Verizon for 10 years.

/endrant

Anybody else get screwed with this pricing mishap, or am I the only one? I didn't see any mention of it on the forums so I had to post it myself.

Are you due for a New Every Two discount? Those lowered prices reflect the price after the NE2 discount is applied. For some it is still $100, and others its only $50.
    07-03-09 10:28 PM
    @Weekend Bum, How could I have purchased the phone to one of my lines without being logged in?

And yes, I am eligible for a New Every Two discount, it was just not applied when I placed the order.
    07-03-09 10:31 PM
    @Weekend Bum, How could I have purchased the phone to one of my lines without being logged in?

And yes, I am eligible for a New Every Two discount, it was just not applied when I placed the order.

You could have been creating a new account.. It happens all the time.
    07-03-09 10:32 PM
    They just reverted it back after my phone call to customer service, how comforting. I know now I seem crazy, but believe me, less than 20 minutes ago it was 269.99 -70 online discount -100 New Every Two discount (which wasnt there yesterday)
    I pre-ordered the Tour on July 2 at around 9:00 PM (ET) for a total price of $99.99.

According to the Web site, the Tour has a "regular" price of $269.99. With a $70.00 discount for online ordering and my NE2 $100.00 discount, I got the phone for $99.99.

That should be the last NE2 $100.00 discount I'll have because the maximum discount is now $50.00 (if I remember correctly). That could be why you're seeing different prices, although your account should automatically "tell" Verizon what discounts to apply.
    07-04-09 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD