Pre-installed SIM card and Memory Card? Is this a first for Verizon? I didn't think Verizon phones had SIM cards. I thought that was only AT&T phones that had the SIM cards.

Also, is the trackball on the Tour going to be black? I hope so. That would be nice.

Enter your location

* Network Support: Dual�band 800/1900 MHz CDMA/EV�DO Rev. A networks; Quad�Band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks Single�Band: 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA networks
    * SIM Card: pre�installed in BlackBerry Tour
    * Memory: 2GB microSD� card pre�installed, 256MB Flash Memory, 256MB RAM

* BlackBerry 4.7 Desktop Software Integrated Email, Phone, SMS, Browser, Calendar, Address Book, and additional organizer applications
    * English, French and Spanish language support
    * BlackBerry Internet Solution (BIS) � add up to 11 personal email addresses to the BIS, including 10 supported email accounts and one BlackBerry email account
    * BlackBerry Enterprise Solution (BES) � works to provide functionality such as single mailbox integration, remote address book look�up and more (1 email address)
    * Display: High resolution HVGA (480x360 pixel), 2.4" color, TFT LCD. Supports over 65k colors
    * Full QWERTY Keyboard with Trackball Navigation
    * 3.2 Megapixel Camera w/Flash, auto�focus and Video Capture
    * Integrated speaker and microphone, Hands�free headset capable (3.5mm 4 Pole)

* Media Player � videos, music, games and more...
    * Bluetooth� (v2.0) including A2DP for Stereo sound
    * Ring Tones: 32 Polyphonic + vibrate (MIDI, MP3)
    * Text, Picture and Video Messaging (MMS)
    * VZ Navigatorsm and VZ Navigator Global capable
    * Stand�alone and Assisted GPS
    * Visual Voice Mail capable
    * Mobile Broadband Connect capable (Windows only)
    * Instant Messaging applications for BlackBerry
    * V CAST Music with Rhapsody� (Subscription, Wireless & PC Downloads)
    * Password protection and Keyboard lock
    * Total Equipment Coverage is Available
    * Hearing Aid Compatibility = M3

Specifications

* Dimensions: 4.4" (H) x 2.4" (W) x 0.6" (D)
    * Weight: Approximately 4.58 oz.
    * Standard Lithium Cell: 1400 mAh
    * Usage: Up to 300 minutes of talk time OR
    * Standby: Up to 336 hours
    * SAR Information: 1.43 W/kg at ear; 0.53 W/kg on body
    07-03-09 02:37 PM
    The SIM card is used for international roaming to be able to roam onto the GSM networks in places like Europe, where CDMA doesn't exist. If you stay in the States, you could remove the SIM and the phone would still work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 02:44 PM
    Could you unlock a verizon or sprint 9630 and insert an ATT sim to use the phone on their network in the US?

07-03-09 05:55 PM
    Yes! It's no different than the storm in that instance.
    07-03-09 06:09 PM
    I heard that the Sprint Tour comes unlocked. Not sure though
    07-03-09 06:21 PM
    I heard that the Sprint Tour comes unlocked. Not sure though
    Doubtful. Highly unlikely that a carrier would sell and unlocked device.

07-03-09 06:24 PM
    Yes, trackball is black.

07-03-09 07:52 PM
    Doubtful. Highly unlikely that a carrier would sell and unlocked device.

Its not unlocked for CDMA, but there is a chance that they unlock the GSM/SIM card portion of it. Pretty sure the SIM was unlocked on the Samsung ACE.

07-03-09 08:10 PM
    The only phone that comes with a preinstalled SIM card from VZW is the BB Storm...although there are other deviced with global capabilities (including the Tour) you have to order the global support pack via the global support team...it is free the first time...you can also go into any local vzw store
    07-04-09 01:37 AM
    The only phone that comes with a preinstalled SIM card from VZW is the BB Storm...although there are other deviced with global capabilities (including the Tour) you have to order the global support pack via the global support team...it is free the first time...you can also go into any local vzw store
    Storm comes with a SIM preinstalled, Tour will come with a SIM preinstalled, Samsung Saga comes with a SIM preinstalled, HTC Ozone comes with a SIM preinstalled, Samsung Renown comes with a SIM preinstalled, as well as the 8830.

The Storm is NOT the only one that comes with a SIM card preinstalled.
    Last edited by niubeav; 07-04-09 at 02:25 PM.
    07-04-09 12:32 PM
    Hi, i have a CDMA and PreInsatalled SIMCard, Storm 2 with Verizon. Can i use the phone in other country using a local SIM GSM ? For example, in Argentina using a SIM GSM from a local company in Argentina ?
    11-23-09 07:32 PM
    yes

10char
    11-23-09 08:43 PM
    Its not unlocked for CDMA, but there is a chance that they unlock the GSM/SIM card portion of it. Pretty sure the SIM was unlocked on the Samsung ACE.

My Sprint Tour showed up unlocked. I currently use a AT&T Pre-paid SIM card and switch back and forth betweein CDMA and GSM.
    11-24-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD