Haven't looked too far into it yet, but I will be disassembling my tour in the near future, anyone look into possibly putting a trackpad in, instead of the trackball? Don't know if the module for a trackpad would operate in the same manner as the trackball, or even if the trackpads are going to be a self contained module. May have to wait for the Essex to come out...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 09:42 PM
    Haven't looked too far into it yet, but I will be disassembling my tour in the near future, anyone look into possibly putting a trackpad in, instead of the trackball? Don't know if the module for a trackpad would operate in the same manner as the trackball, or even if the trackpads are going to be a self contained module. May have to wait for the Essex to come out...

There is no need for you to even try and do it, just be patient for the release of the Essex.
    11-27-09 09:45 PM
    There's not even room to squeeze a trackpad in where our trackball is. That's why the tour2 has a larger area where our trackball is. But hey, if you think you can do it, I'd applaud you!
    11-27-09 09:50 PM
    try it and let us know how it goes.
    11-27-09 10:04 PM
    "There is no need for you to even try and do it, just be patient for the release of the Essex."

Okay, *you may be willing to pay $300 for wifi and a trackpad, but not I.

And we'll see what I find when I have the tour in pieces.

11-27-09 10:04 PM
    The device will not recognize based on the software. The OS is made to work with the trackball. You would have to find out what part of it does that, and replace with 8520/9700 pieces as well.
    11-27-09 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD