Hi, is it possible to remove the chrome strips and the individual keys as needed? I have some broken keys and a spare keyboard that I'd like to mix and match with each other for the Tour. But the keys don't look like they are removable individually, are are they? I read about a guy who took apart the chrome strips to make them black, but I don't see how he would be able to do that.

Thanks!
    01-06-10 03:38 PM
    if you have another keyboard just swap out the keyboards. it will be a lot easier. i just bought an orange keyboard for my phone and took everything apart and back together with the new keyboard in less than 15 minutes. you will need a t5 or t6 screwdriver
    01-06-10 10:20 PM
    I want to do the same thing, swap some keys from the original keyboard onto a color one. I had a spare OEM keyboard and I just pried off one of the keys to see and its difficult to explain but it seems like the keys are just pressure fit into the rubber back of the keyboard. The key i removed would just fall out when I tried to put it back.

I did use a very small amount of super glue and glue it back in to see how it would hold up, Im letting it dry today to see how well the glue will hold/affect functionality.

anyone else try to disassemble the keyboard?
    01-07-10 07:34 AM
    short answer.... no you can't
    01-07-10 07:37 AM
    I can only recommend a full keyboard replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD