Hi,

As title, I was able to install Chinese fonts on the Tour so that I can read Chinese on it, but how about installing the Chinese input method on the Tour? Thanks for any help!
    09-14-09 02:43 PM
    I travel to China regularly, and recently bought a Blackberry 9630 Tour (Verizon as carrier) after repeated assurances that it would be able to "handle" Chinese. Turns out this is not the case; both Verizon and RIM repeatedly ignored calls/emails regarding this problem, told me to do things I'd already done (e.g. upgrade your device's OS...), and prematurely closed tech support tickets as "resolved." I found the level of service on this issue appalling on the part of both companies, and am hoping for a work-around.

What boggles my mind is that a fake Nokia phone for the equivalent of USD $30 in China can handle Chinese input. Unbelievable.
    09-24-09 08:17 PM
    I have no problem making the Tour display Chinese language, but no way for it to customize with Chinese (ie, menu with Chinese display) without the additional files, search "9630 中文" in baidu.com and you should get your answer, but even with this, you still can't compose SMS on Chinese. I guess until we can find an "AllLang" ROM, we are not going to be able to do what we wanted.
    09-24-09 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD