Ok so I don't know if this is specific to my device but I have run into it approximately 3 times.

It seems as if when I use the phone heavily, Ubertwitter, facebook, email, sms, bbm, slacker, notes, browser, phone, etc....after several hours of all that stuff, I then attempt to use the camera and i get this message upon launching the camera.

"Could not start camera. Close other applications and try opening the camera again"

So I close all possible running 3rd partys apps, keep in mind my memory is at 76.4MB. I go back to open the camera, same error message. The only solution at this point is to do a reboot which takes like 5 minutes..lol. Not sure if any of you have run into this, I'd like to see if so.

If not, it may be a software conflict on my device that causes this which will likely result in me doing a wipe, I sure hope I don't have to go to that extent.

-MP
    08-02-09 05:21 PM
    I had that same problem yesterday. I, too, was down around 77 MB on my Tour. I had been downloading different apps, surfing net, running streaming apps, and the like. I turned my Tour off, closed applications, nothing worked. Then I downloaded Quickpull, ran a reset, and 3-4 minutes later, problem solved! It works fine now. And I gained 20 MB, too!

Quickpull simulates a battery pull. I encountered my problem when I was playing around with setting the convenience key assignments. So, I don't know if that had anything to do with it, or if since you also had less than 77 MB, maybe the camera won't work at that low of storage. Why? I don't know. Anyone else have ideas??
    08-02-09 05:49 PM
    Yea I don't use quick pull I just do alt + caps + del. No need for an extra app taking up memory. But yea anytime you reboot the phone it will release a lot of app memory. Sounds odd that anything would have problems with 70+mb of memory, that's plenty.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 06:36 PM
    I've had that problem on 9000, but haven't encountered it yet on 9630
    08-02-09 06:44 PM
    Hmm i'm thinking it is related to Slacker...I saw another post on a user who encounters the problem after they've used Slacker....interesting.
    08-02-09 11:53 PM
    2 posts today with this problem, both have Slacker.

I don't have Slacker, never had the problem. I see a pattern....
    08-02-09 11:54 PM
    2 posts today with this problem, both have Slacker.

I don't have Slacker, never had the problem. I see a pattern....
    *doesn't even know what slacker is*
    08-02-09 11:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD