Referencing my older post, my tour battery life is horrible. So instead of bringing my wall charger with me, I'm wondering if there is a portable charger made for the tour. I know radio shack sells them, but its for the older BB models.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by toonz; 11-02-09 at 05:08 PM.
    11-02-09 01:09 PM
    I built one.

Adafruit.com

=]
    Dm
    11-03-09 07:48 AM
    How about Seidio's folding travel charger (the prongs fold up and in) for $15.95.....

seidioonline.com

11-03-09 09:01 AM
    I think I'm missing something. The charger that came in my Sprint bundle has folding prongs like the Seidio charger above.
    11-03-09 09:36 AM
    Yeah the wall charger is portable.
    11-03-09 09:41 AM
    I don't want a wall charger. When I'm working I float around different buildings/floors, so I don't feel comfortable leaving my phone plugged into an outlet.

11-03-09 10:14 AM
    Not trying to be funny, but how exactly are you thinking that the device will charge if it's not plugged in to something??

Or are you looking for an external battery charger? There's one in the CrackBerry Store.
    11-03-09 10:52 AM
    I think he's looking for a portable cell phone charger that runs off "AA" batteries. Wouldn't it be less costly to buy a second battery?
    11-03-09 10:55 AM
    OR a powermat
    11-03-09 11:18 AM
    I've seen someone who has this device that you plug in to a wall unit. Then you take the device with you and then you plug the device directly to your phone and it charges. So you can walk around/travel and charge your phone without plugging it to the wall

11-03-09 11:54 AM
    I've seen someone who has this device that you plug in to a wall unit. Then you take the device with you and then you plug the device directly to your phone and it charges. So you can walk around/travel and charge your phone without plugging it to the wall

*sigh*
    Maybe you didn't hear me the first time....

Minty Boost! - USB charger for your gadgets

Dm
    11-03-09 12:09 PM
    I think I'm missing something. The charger that came in my Sprint bundle has folding prongs like the Seidio charger above.
    That is interestng. The one I got from Verizon did NOT have folding prongs but interchangeable prongs for foreign travel. I would have preferred folding prongs and bring my own prnong adapters. The verizon one will not fit many recessed European sockets.

11-03-09 01:26 PM
    *sigh*

Dm
    I've got one that I use with my 8830 (workberry) It's great! Cost about $25 and can charge the berry on the go. I also have one that uses AAA batteries - not as powerful but great if you run out of both and cant find a wall or an hour to wait...

I have to look for one with the Tour USB connector - the two I have use standard mini USB.
    11-03-09 01:55 PM
    *sigh*

Dm
    I saw the properties for that link "http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/" and I thought, where would you put your phone to charge it:

11-04-09 07:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD