View Poll Results: When did you buy yours and do you have issues?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • July 12-July 14 // No problems

26 42.62%
  • July 12-July 14 // Problems

15 24.59%
  • July 15-July 17 // No problems

10 16.39%
  • July 15-July 17 // Problems

2 3.28%
  • July 18-July 20 // No Problems

5 8.20%
  • July 18-July 20 // Problems

0 0%
  • July 21st + // No Problems

3 4.92%
  • July 21st + // Problems

0 0%
    Now that it has officially been a week since the tour came out I wanted to take a poll to see if RIM has fixed the issues with the newer batched by taking a poll of when you got is vs. if you have any problems.

I actually have been noticing people writing yesterday and today seem to not have issues--so I want to see if this is true and there's a new batch out.

These problems include:
    Loose battery cover, screen ripple, trackball issues, bad battery life, etc.

Thanks!

P.S. If you bought it online base it off date of shipping
    P.P.S. If you do have issues please reply with the date and issues.
    Last edited by ilovexspin; 07-19-09 at 03:32 PM. Reason: ..
    07-19-09 03:26 PM
    theres no option for july 11th! i got mine from a very generous best buy mobile rep.
    07-19-09 03:39 PM
    theres no option for july 11th! i got mine from a very generous best buy mobile rep.
    haha wow you're lucky! i guess just put july 12th though since you were SUPPOSED to get it then (:
    07-19-09 03:42 PM
    traded in a Curve I had for 2 days for the Tour and never been happier... Learn something new each day with the Tour!
    07-19-09 03:42 PM
    There's one in every crowd I guess!

An absolutely perfect experience for me....so far.
    07-19-09 03:44 PM
    I doubt that there is a "new batch" yet..

its the same batch same production lines at this point..

they wouldn't have made any hardware changes
    07-19-09 03:48 PM
    Now that it has officially been a week since the tour came out I wanted to take a poll to see if RIM has fixed the issues with the newer batched by taking a poll of when you got is vs. if you have any problems.

I actually have been noticing people writing yesterday and today seem to not have issues--so I want to see if this is true and there's a new batch out.

These problems include:
    Loose battery cover, screen ripple, trackball issues, bad battery life, etc.

Thanks!

P.S. If you bought it online base it off date of shipping
    P.P.S. If you do have issues please reply with the date and issues.
    Mine shipped 7/13, received it 7/14...having used it for bit now, I am noticing issues, I guess. Im not sure if its worth returning for a new one or not?

first of all, I did not notice the loose batt. cover at first but I've now done multiple battery pull and resets and each time i take the batt. cover off, it seems to be getting looser and looser so try not to to too much batt. pull.

Screen ripple effect, not as much. I've only noticed slight ripple, only on certain color background color once or twice or so...normally i do not notice ripples.

Trackball - when I am in SMS or email mode especially, writing texts, trying to go back up and left and right I seem to have issues. I set my Horizontal to 80 and still.... if i misspelled something, it is very hard to get the cursor back up and left and right to that exact spot. I don't notice much from home menu(very rarely happens in home/menu screen), mostly when im in text or email mode, THIS IS ANNOYING.

Yes, and I am noticing fast battery drain, at least faster drain than my 8830 I had or curve. BB's usually have very good batt life, but not sure why this one isn't as good as other. To me, Tour seems to have more in common with issues that Storm had than the 8830 or 8330. I didn't have any complaints like this with my 8830.
    Last edited by david122575; 07-19-09 at 03:55 PM.
    07-19-09 03:52 PM

it's quite possible but at the same time i know they get shipments every week i forget which day of the week. either tuesday or sunday. actually i have no idea lol but it would be to the point where the second shipment would come by now
    07-19-09 03:56 PM

well with regards to VZW, there prolly won't be a new batch for a while, if any as VZW never had the Stock issues to begin with, unlike Sprint did....
    07-19-09 04:06 PM
    well with regards to VZW, there prolly won't be a new batch for a while, if any as VZW never had the Stock issues to begin with, unlike Sprint did....
    lolol

10 words.
    07-19-09 04:08 PM
    lolol

10 words.
    hey, on your next unboxing video, can you please wear either pink or white nail polish? Judging by tats on your wrist, I know you're prolly more into black but for those of us who care about aesthetics! I am asking as favor, not telling you to do.

If you could have like pink and aqua thongs laying around too, that'd be great. Im sure you'll have 1000 pm's after that! If you ever need a BF, do unboxing vid with bunch thongs laying around, your inbox will be flooded, im talking about CB inbox.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, here's to hoping that you have a sense of humor, otherwise, Im focked!
    07-19-09 04:15 PM
    with regards to battery issue, it seems that it takes forever to charge as well. I had two bars, so I plugged it in for hour and only at 3 bars.
    07-19-09 04:19 PM
    hey, on your next unboxing video, can you please wear either pink or white nail polish? Judging by tats on your wrist, I know you're prolly more into black but for those of us who care about aesthetics! I am asking as favor, not telling you to do.

If you could have like pink and aqua thongs laying around too, that'd be great. Im sure you'll have 1000 pm's after that! If you ever need a BF, do unboxing vid with bunch thongs laying around, your inbox will be flooded, im talking about CB inbox.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, here's to hoping that you have a sense of humor, otherwise, Im focked!
    hahahaha what wrist tats? (if that is part of the joke--that's the only part i dont get lol)

but lmao i already have soooo many creepy people/ messages without any thongs. i can't even imagine with them. lmao that would be so funny though
    07-19-09 04:24 PM
    i thought i saw tats on your wrist during iphone unboxing vid...was it fake hanna tat?
    07-19-09 04:33 PM
    with regards to battery issue, it seems that it takes forever to charge as well. I had two bars, so I plugged it in for hour and only at 3 bars.
    I thought it was just me. It takes forever to charge and to restart.... but still love it! =)
    07-19-09 04:33 PM
    i thought i saw tats on your wrist during iphone unboxing vid...was it fake hanna tat?
    I don't have any tats--I do draw cool designs in pen during class on my hand/ wrist sometimes so maybe that was it. I still don't see what you're talking about though!
    07-19-09 04:37 PM
    Very useful thread!

I purchased mine on the 17th from a VZW store.

My Tour, as well as my father's (purchased at the same time), both have loose battery doors. Mine is slightly worse than his. There is a very noticeable gap in mine, and I can easily lift it approx. 2 mms. It also slides around like everyone else. We went back to the store today, the rep opened 3 returned Tours, all with the same problem (with varying degrees of severity), and 1 new one with the same problem. We gave up for the day.

My trackball also has random issues moving horizontally - is that a problem that others are experiencing? It occurs randomly, so I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue and the variable is my pressure on the trackball, or if it's a software issue. Anyone else have this problem?

So far I have not experienced any memory leaks, and battery life is what I expected.
    07-19-09 04:38 PM
    Very useful thread!

I purchased mine on the 17th from a VZW store.

My Tour, as well as my father's (purchased at the same time), both have loose battery doors. Mine is slightly worse than his. There is a very noticeable gap in mine, and I can easily lift it approx. 2 mms. It also slides around like everyone else. We went back to the store today, the rep opened 3 returned Tours, all with the same problem (with varying degrees of severity), and 1 new one with the same problem. We gave up for the day.

My trackball also has random issues moving horizontally - is that a problem that others are experiencing? It occurs randomly, so I'm not sure if it's a hardware issue and the variable is my pressure on the trackball, or if it's a software issue. Anyone else have this problem?

So far I have not experienced any memory leaks, and battery life is what I expected.

yes, yes and yes...
    07-19-09 04:56 PM
    hahahaha what wrist tats? (if that is part of the joke--that's the only part i dont get lol)

but lmao i already have soooo many creepy people/ messages without any thongs. i can't even imagine with them. lmao that would be so funny though
    Oh, I know exactly what you mean. yeah i hear ya...crazy freaky hott chicks on this board pm me all the tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime asking me to take them clubbin and take them home for drubbin, I constantly have to decline, I am a one woman man.
    07-19-09 04:58 PM
    yes, yes and yes...

You have that same issue with the trackball, too? I had convinced myself that it wasn't defective because I'm dreading exchanging it
    07-19-09 05:05 PM
    Would be the same ones. As for the ripple, I would find it extremely hard to believe that there are phones out there without even a slight ripple. It is the lower right and left corner. Hard to see on certain backgrounds but the way the screen it attached forces at least slight downward pressure when hitting certain buttons. I do not consider this a problem at all. Mine is minute.
    Battery cover will be based on who ever manufactured them. They are extremely bendable anyway so many will have issue and many won't. Again probably not a big deal. My only issue is a lower volume on the ear piece. Not terrible, but could be louder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 05:12 PM
    You have that same issue with the trackball, too? I had convinced myself that it wasn't defective because I'm dreading exchanging it
    yeah, it only happens sometimes in main screen but when im typing txt and emails, trying to go left and right takes forever!
    07-19-09 07:45 PM
    Would be the same ones. As for the ripple, I would find it extremely hard to believe that there are phones out there without even a slight ripple. It is the lower right and left corner. Hard to see on certain backgrounds but the way the screen it attached forces at least slight downward pressure when hitting certain buttons. I do not consider this a problem at all. Mine is minute.
    Battery cover will be based on who ever manufactured them. They are extremely bendable anyway so many will have issue and many won't. Again probably not a big deal. My only issue is a lower volume on the ear piece. Not terrible, but could be louder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    you are right...I did not notice it til today i focused on it. bottom left and right if you push the trackball slightly hard. it only happens intermittenly though.
    07-19-09 07:46 PM
    I thought it was just me. It takes forever to charge and to restart.... but still love it! =)
    me too, ***high five***
    07-19-09 07:47 PM
    I pre ordered online, got it the next day and have had zero issues. Great phone.
    07-19-09 08:24 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD