The USB plug fell out of my Tour during the OS upgrade!! It was at the "Wait for device initialization" stage. And now, the BB is just hanging about mid-way through that b&w progress bar.

Am I screwed????
    03-30-10 07:19 AM
    your fine.. did you try to plug the phone back in and open up desktop manger?

if that doesnt work, you might need to wipe the phone and load the OS in that way now
    03-30-10 07:21 AM
    Scary sh*t let me tell you!

The phone just re-booted itself, and the progress bar is creeping along now. FINGERS CROSSED!
    03-30-10 07:22 AM
    I would assume if it the progress bar was already showing up, the phone was just rebooting. Hopefully your Tour survived.
    03-30-10 07:28 AM
    We're good to go!! Whewwwwwwwwww!
    03-30-10 07:37 AM
    Still not a problem, you can fix it if that happens.
    03-30-10 07:39 AM

good to hear everything is good!
    03-30-10 07:43 AM
    I was rolling at this thread...everyone knows that feeling at some point whether it be a bb or wondering if their business was flooded from all this rain when they walked in in the morning...i own a gym at the beach and my front doors face east...the way the rains coming and last time, I was here 18 hours bailing water to save my gym!

So I laughed when i saw your Whewwwwwww....I had the same Whewwww this morning!
    03-30-10 07:46 AM
    Unless you'd fried something or given your device a bath, or your pet has made it a chew toy, there is very little that is 'terminal' on a BlackBerry. Just takes reloading the operating system. The most important thing to remember is

DON'T PANIC!

Consult your favorite "How to Recover a dead BlackBerry" thread, sit back, follow the instructions, reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-30-10 at 08:03 AM.
    03-30-10 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD