This will take a ******* genius!

So, my 8520 has slowly been kickin it, my dad who just changed from one corporation to another has given me his Sprint 9630. I use AT&T.

Everything I have seen has shown me that the Sprint9630 should work on AT&T since it is a global phone. Unfortunately I'm running into many issues, let me give you a rundown of what I've done so far.

1. Put SIM Card into 9630.
    2. Factory Reset on 9630.
    3. ResettoFactory from cmd to wipe any existing IT policy just in case.
    4. Enabled APN to cingular.
    5. Changed Mobile Network Options to GSM/UMTS and 2G
    6. Registered Host Routing Table.

That should be all I think.
    After seeing the issues that I will depict below, I tried doing a transfer from oldBB-->newBB through switch phone in the desktop manager to see if the old service books would help, but to no avail. The problems I am about to mention stayed.

Problems!!
    1. Can not place calls (I can receive calls just fine.) When Placing calls I recieve a "Emergency Calls Only" message

2. Can not send/recieve e-mails. When going into e-mail setup wizard the only option listed is: "I want to use work email account with a BES." I can't setup person e-mail.

3. No browser Icon anywhere. When going to Options, Advanced Options, Browser, the Default Browser configuration is blank and without any options.

4. This might be some sort of hint: When I start typing a number, the My Number: thing shows the phone's OLD phone #, even after factory reset and resettofactory wipe.

To sum up:

I can't: E-mail, Setup e-mail, use browser, place phone calls.

I can: recieve phone calls, send/recieve sms, use BBM with pins.

YES, bbm somehow works when the rest of BIS stuff doesn't work ??

Please Help!

Thanks,
    Alex
    Last edited by aleklevi; 06-23-11 at 11:47 AM.
    06-23-11 11:38 AM
    I thought you would need to unlock the device to work.
    06-23-11 01:17 PM
    The 9630 is already unlocked, there is no input when you type in MEP2 as i'm assuming it is already unlocked. If it was locked I dont think I would be able to recieve calls, sms, or bbm.
    06-23-11 01:42 PM
    Even though you did a security wipe the PIN is still registered to another account...I wonder?
    Are you sure that the features that are working are using your data plan. I know it sounds weird.
    Did you do an OS install/update. That would wipe the OS clean from the device and then you know there would be no previous info on the device?
    06-23-11 02:24 PM
    Does it say edge or EDGE?

Also, why did you change the APN to cingular? Leave it black and uncheck all APN settings.

Does it say AT&T near the signal?

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Mark PPG; 06-23-11 at 03:35 PM.
    06-23-11 03:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD