Hi Everyone,

I'm totally new to this site and to the Blackberry world!! I just purchased my first Blackberry. I've done a few things already, such as downloading the gmail software onto my Tour. I'm not really familiar with this site, so my apologies, if I'm asking questions that have been answered through other threads.

I'm thinking that if I start this thread, I could just read through everyone's posts to get all that I need. Thank you!!

1) I need to link my hotmail account. I tried searching through the forum and couldn't locate exactly how to link it onto the Tour. I'm thinking the hotmail issue was addressed through other BB devices, but I wanted to make sure that I'm doing it right for the Tour.

2) Ringtones. I don't want to pay for the ringtones through Verizon and was wondering if there are any good ones out there. Plus how do I d/l them?

3) Hot Keys - I know about the q = vibrate
    and I = zoom in and O = zoom out. There must be a bunch more that are used really frequently.

4) Maps - I'm always traveling, so which software would be free? Is it the gmail maps? If it is, could you please advise me on the link.

5) Any other cool softwares with links please...

Anything else that would assist me would be great!! Thank you again everyone.
    08-12-09 05:30 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I'm totally new to this site and to the Blackberry world!! I just purchased my first Blackberry. I've done a few things already, such as downloading the gmail software onto my Tour. I'm not really familiar with this site, so my apologies, if I'm asking questions that have been answered through other threads.

I'm thinking that if I start this thread, I could just read through everyone's posts to get all that I need. Thank you!!

1) I need to link my hotmail account. I tried searching through the forum and couldn't locate exactly how to link it onto the Tour. I'm thinking the hotmail issue was addressed through other BB devices, but I wanted to make sure that I'm doing it right for the Tour.

2) Ringtones. I don't want to pay for the ringtones through Verizon and was wondering if there are any good ones out there. Plus how do I d/l them?

3) Hot Keys - I know about the q = vibrate
    and I = zoom in and O = zoom out. There must be a bunch more that are used really frequently.

4) Maps - I'm always traveling, so which software would be free? Is it the gmail maps? If it is, could you please advise me on the link.

5) Any other cool softwares with links please...

Anything else that would assist me would be great!! Thank you again everyone.
    For ringtones, check out the ringtones section here on Crackberry. Lots of different categories with a ton of selection. You cand/l them directly from your Tour or get them sent in an email.

As for maps, I have Google Maps and it works pretty good.

Also, make sure you download the Blackberry App World. That way you can search and browse all of the apps. Some of the ones I've got are Score Mobile (sports scores and stats), Google Maps, Buzzme, and Where.

Hope this helps with some of your questions.
    08-12-09 05:38 PM
    Thank you!! I saw that for the Blackberry App World you will need a Pal Pal, is there any way to just download it and not have a Pay Pal account??
    08-12-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD