Hello all,

im a bit distraught i just left from a HTC touch pro and i have fell in love with my tour BUT i am in the music industry, and i get songs emailed to me every day, and my Tour says that it cannot download email files larger than 2.9 MB is there a way to change this???? please help i REALLY like my tour and i dont want to return it! but i need to get emails larger than 2.9 MB

HELP

Rizzy
    08-07-09 08:56 PM
    i download large files through opera
    08-07-09 09:20 PM
    i mean through an email if someone emails me it doesnt go larger than 2.9MB
    i have 6 emails going to my Tour and none can download marger than 2.9??? whats the deal with that?

Downloading from the net is fine but an email to me is limited to 2.9MB
    08-07-09 09:27 PM
    Have your rockers send you a link that you can browse in opera? Dunno?
    08-07-09 09:29 PM
    doing links are too time consuming when i had my WinMo they just emailed me str8 from the PC and i downloaded it, but with the tour its no happs!
    08-07-09 09:31 PM
    Hello all,

im a bit distraught i just left from a HTC touch pro and i have fell in love with my tour BUT i am in the music industry, and i get songs emailed to me every day, and my Tour says that it cannot download email files larger than 2.9 MB is there a way to change this???? please help i REALLY like my tour and i dont want to return it! but i need to get emails larger than 2.9 MB

HELP

Rizzy
    Unfortunately no (at least not that I am aware of). The only way is via links as mentioned. It is not just the Tour by the way, I believe most, if not all BB are like this.
    08-07-09 11:09 PM
    Had the same problem. Called my carrier (Telus Mobility here in Canada) and they told me the download restriction was being controlled by RIM itself. Tech rep said he believes restriction was put in place to control the the size of the band width.

I mentioned that I had read a post suggesting the use of Mini Opera to get around the size restriction - he told me he was not aware of this.

I will be downloading Mini Opera today.
    08-08-09 07:39 AM
    hopefully that works because i love the tour......
    08-08-09 08:36 AM
    Hello all,

HELP

Rizzy
    Try mailbigfiles.com.
    This site is relatively quick and signup is not required. It will not be much more time consuming than an email.

Also, another option might be to set up your email type is imap. If I am not mistaken, your attachment will become a link that just might be downloadable. You might have to adjust your settings to not automatically download attachments.

This imap mail delivery suggestion is only a thought as I have not tried it myself.

Good Luck,

Bing0
    08-08-09 08:50 AM
    This is one of the only gripes I have with Blackberry. Time to get in to the next century and have a 20MB cap like most systems.
    08-08-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD