I've had my bb (an alltel tour) for just under a week now and I absolutely love it. I don't kno how I lived without this device. However last night all the entries on my today+ theme stopped showing on the home screen. Anyone habe any ideas on how to get them back? They are still in my calender they are just not showing up on my home screen.

Thanks for youe expertise,
    Chad

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 08:59 AM
    The first thing I would try is a battery pull. Take off the back cover and pull out the battery while the phone is on. When you put it back in, it will restart. See if that works.

09-29-09 09:05 AM
    You might also try switching back to the default theme, and then back to the today+ theme

09-29-09 09:17 AM
    Both prior suggestions are valid and i think they will solve the problem
    09-29-09 09:28 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried both and neither was successful. I have also tried multiple different today and today+ themes and none of them will display events under the calendar heading on the home screen

09-29-09 10:24 AM
    Menu - Options - Advanced Options - Default Services - select the right calender ...

Hope this helps
    09-29-09 10:27 AM
    You may have multiple Calendars accidentally set up as I did. I had no idea until I installed a Today theme.

Open the Calendar App, press MENU + O + MENU to open Options, then type MOVE on your keyboard to open one of the mysterious hidden menus. Combine your Calendars to fix your issue.

09-29-09 10:28 AM
    Perform ST79's suggestion first and then mine. These 2 steps should remedy this.

09-29-09 10:30 AM
    Thank you guys the combination of those two worked. Am I going to have to "move" my calendars everytime I sync with ical through pocketmac? BB places all of those entries into the calendar called "device default."

Also, any solutions as to why sms messages only show up on my today+ themes befor I open them. After all meSages have been opened nothing is displayed on the home screen under the sms/mms heading. I would love it if it could display my most recent text msgs.

Thanks,
    Chad

09-29-09 11:03 AM
    As for your Calendar question, it might be fine now. The "move" should have deleted Device Default as a Calendar option.

Today themes only show unchecked messages. Sorry! That's how they all work.

PS These were valid questions and obviously there are lots of people ready to help. Just please make sure next time you post that you use a relevant title for your post so others can easily tell what it is.

Good luck with your new BB. You're going to love it!

09-29-09 11:16 AM
    Thank you elite. I will heed your advice in the future about titling my thread. Strangely for no reason at all my today+ theme is displaying my two latest sms messages right now after I have opened them. I did nothing to make this happen except the tips you gave me to fix my calendar issue. I wonder how long these messages will stay on my home screen.

What a valuable resource this forum is proving to be. Thank you so much. I have been viewing this forum for a couple weeks without posting as I made my decision to buy a BB and now that I have posted my opion of this site has only been reaffirmed. Everyone here is so helpful!

09-29-09 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD