I'm having awful problems with my tour

I (foolishly) spilled some salad dressing on my blackberry, so my immediate thought was to wash it down with a moist napkin. Sadly, a lot of water got into the trackball and for a couple of days i couldnt scroll at all. However, now (two months later) I can only scroll down and to the left. Is there any way I can fix this? I don't want to have to get a new phone, but I can only access calling and SMS on this tour now, and it's really tiresome not being able to access some of the functions i usually use quite a bit.

Thank you so much!
    12-27-09 05:29 PM
    BB, salad dressing, and water do go well together. Do you have insurance for the deivce? If not, the carrier will not cover this damage under warr. Sorry to hear this happened.
    12-27-09 05:35 PM
    Yikes, definitely a bad combo. If you hold it upside down though the down and to the left should become up and to the right
    12-27-09 05:40 PM
    Is there anyway I could take out the ball and try to clean it or something?
    12-27-09 05:40 PM
    Is there anyway I could take out the ball and try to clean it or something?
    Taking the phone apart can be tricky. I do not think cleaning at this point would help, as the damage is done. You might try to replace it, but still a gamble.
    12-27-09 05:44 PM
    If you have the courage to do it, you can replace the trackball yourself. The following is AT YOUR OWN RISK. I have done it with my 8900 and am comfortable with it. Keep in mind that you usually void your warranty when you disassemble a phone - but you've already done that with the dressing.

You can get a trackball and trackball plate at Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry,. The black trackball is $9.99 plus shipping. It is shipped from Hong Kong so it can take 3-4 weeks if you pick the slow option. You will need a T6 screwdriver which they sell too.

They have a video of the complete disassembly on their website also. Take it slow and carefully if you choose this option.

Just an option for you. Or, if you have insurance, you can get it replaced that way.
    12-27-09 05:45 PM
    So you can't just remove the ball and clean it like they describe in this faq?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    12-27-09 05:47 PM
    You haven't been able to use it for 2 months? How could you go that long with only calls and sms? You may have a good project phone on your hands. Document it well when you take it apart.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 05:48 PM

you can do that on the tour, the trackball on it is fully integrated in the device, you need to disassemble the phone to remove the ball...
    12-27-09 05:51 PM
    maybe putting alcohol on the ball and scrolling it up and left?
    12-27-09 05:56 PM

Nope, different design.
    12-27-09 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD