Hey,

After I installed yesterday the Berry Holiday 2 on my tour it f***d up my tour when it prompted me to restart my phone and then showed me a (ERROR 552). But now I don't want to lose all the data I've had recently on my phone , and yeah I have a backup but it's 2-3 weeks old =I and since that backup I've had sooo many contacts and other things. I hope there's a way to save all my data without restarting my phone.

Please help me .

P.s ( Merry Christmas).
    12-25-09 10:15 AM
    Per Rims data base - Sorry

Error "Reload Software: 552" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone
    Contents [show]
    Products
    Environment
    Overview
    Cause
    Resolution
    Workaround

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doc ID: KB18751
    Modified Date: 12-01-2009
    Document Type: Support

Print this page Products
    BlackBerry� Devices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Environment
    BlackBerry� smartphones
    BlackBerry� Device Software version 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.7.1
    SDR322523
    SDR371635
    DT364168

Overview
    The following error message may be displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone:

Reload software: 552 or App Error 552

Cause
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team.

Resolution
    Upgrade to the latest available BlackBerry Device Software version provided by your wireless service provider to resolve this issue.

Workaround
    Complete the following steps:

Verify that the BlackBerry� Desktop Manager and the current BlackBerry Device Software (for your BlackBerry smartphone) is installed on the computer.
    Remove the battery from the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not re-insert the battery.
    Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the computer.
    Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
    On the BlackBerry Desktop Manager main screen, click Application Loader.
    In the Update Software area of the Application Loader, click Start.
    Click Options. This allows you to add or remove applications from the BlackBerry smartphone.
    Select the applications that you want to install.
    Click Next.
    Click Next.
    Click Finish.
    When the application load process starts, insert the battery into the BlackBerry smartphone.
    12-25-09 10:20 AM
    Please check your PM, I sent you information about this, as well as some resource to help out with resolving the problem.
    12-25-09 10:48 AM
    Ok I will check it right now. =I , Thanks in advance
    12-25-09 11:19 AM
    Hey lastraid,

Will doing these steps save the data that I had on my Phone ???
    12-25-09 11:24 AM
    Hey lastraid,

As your doing a reload operation, You'll loose any data on the device, if you have a backup, you'll be able to restore from that after the reload is complete.
    12-25-09 11:32 AM
    I do have a backup but it's 3 weeks old , and I don't want to lose all the recent data that I have on my phone. Last night I read this thread and followed these steps, it started working fine but then I tried to install the theme and the same problem happened again, but now it asks me for a password and the two options i have are retry or cancel. What should I do, Anyone ??? =/

Here's the solution I found in some thread around the crackberry community.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Stringer Bell
    I JUST had this problem after installing the ap news app and restarting. I couldn't get rid of the error and it didn't look like my 8900 was connecting to the desktop software. I chose the "application loader" option and did "start". When it asks for password just press OK to bypass. I then deleted the ap news app and it was miraciously working! No need for reinstalling OS and didn't lose anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 12:09 PM
    Hey lastraid,

Not 100 percent that will not remove data. This is just info I found about it on RIM's Tech data base. Also I have never had to run anything in this manner.

Good lesson though, backup once a week. Post back if you try and let us know what happened.

Good luck
    12-25-09 01:10 PM
    I found the two applications that crashed my phone and deleted them with the steps I posted on my last post and it WORKED!. It didn't delete any of my recent data and everything is back to normal. ( NO MORE "Reload Software 552")

P.S ( From now on I'll make a backup once a week) Thanks guys for your help, I really appreciate it.

MERRY Xmas and a Happy New Year !
    12-25-09 01:55 PM
    Just went through the same thing. I didnt use a backup, just let BB mgr reload, and it brought mine back up, and I didnt lose anything. But soon after, the same 552 error, and did the same thing, and up and running again. Enough was enough, so I received a replacement the next day. So far, so good with the new/refurb one.
    12-25-09 08:52 PM
    I had a similar error. I heard that certain 3rd party apps mess up BBs. All I had was Pandora, Google Maps, and Poynt. When I put mu BB on the dock cherger, the time was displayed as morning as opposed to evening (military time). I restarted it and I got an endless restart loop. My computer didn't even recognize it so I couldn't even replace the OS.
    To make matters worse, my old laptop crashed the next day and everything and I mean EVERYTHING was gone, including my backup file. Fun weekend :-D

VZW replaced it in the end.
    12-25-09 09:02 PM
    Watch out for Bing. Mine fried on boot after loading the pushed Bing from Verizon.
    12-25-09 09:12 PM
    This is an OS 4.7 bug. Reloading the OS may temporarily fix it, but from what I have experienced, it is more of a number-of-apps issue. You can delete a different app and then you should be able to load the app you want.

The other option is to bump up to a leaked version of OS 5.0, which doesn't have the error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 09:12 PM
    well I am 500 miles away from home and just bricked.. guess 1045pm on christmas night is a great time to try to bring my baby back to life wish me luck.
    12-25-09 09:43 PM
    Just remember that anytime you install an app, run it right away.

Don't reboot first.

If you get an "out of memory", delete it immediately and THEN reboot. This will keep the 552 error from appearing.
    12-26-09 12:48 PM
    ...To make matters worse, my old laptop crashed the next day and everything and I mean EVERYTHING was gone, including my backup file.
    An excellent reason to use dropbox. I store my backup file in my dropbox folder so it is automatically synced with my private online folder. Allow me to plug my own referral link so we'll both get an extra 250MB of storage... https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE5MDY0MzM5
    12-26-09 07:45 PM
    Am in the process of trying to go through all the steps listed here but so far my Tour gets to the "Reload software 552" error and then the BBDM can't communicate with it.

Am trying several combinations and will update though. Thank you all for the helpful posts so far.
    12-27-09 12:06 AM
    I finally got this application loader solution to work after trying just about everything else I've found in these forums to restore the "Reload software 552" error.

I added the extra step of "erasing data" under the Advanced part of the options and it worked. It reset my stuff but I had a backup and I didn't trust the other solutions.

Thank you all for the collective solutions.
    12-27-09 01:12 AM
    Just run through this:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

When you get the "552" error, it doesn't necessarily you'll lose everything...

I've gotten bricked and went through the AppLoader and lost nothing, but others I've had to wipe everything. It reminds me of my WinMo days, it's pretty sad.
    12-27-09 02:55 AM
    ive tried downlaoding the os and all.. desktop manager wint recignize my bb..

ive had this happened 4 times. preivosuly i sent them bacc and got aq new ! this time i just want to try and reload the os
    05-06-10 03:13 PM
    I have not done it but there is info on reloading the OS by removing the battery. Check out the FAQ thread.
    05-06-10 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD