this is possibly one of the most annoying things that can happen on my work phone!

random contacts are deleting by themselves and i can still see the in my recent calls and when i hit dial it says <no name> but they are gone from the address book!!!

don't no what to do I have OS 5.0 hybrid that I have had for 2 months with 0 issues and this just started happening
    03-01-10 09:40 PM
    Under options in the contact app make sure that you do not have any filters enabled.
    03-01-10 10:45 PM
    good idea didn't have any filters set tho

I did recently install the google voice app could that do this???
    03-02-10 12:08 AM
    I would take a look at how much available memory you have. When BlackBerry devices get low on memory (and by low, I mean under 15-20 MB free) they are known to do all sorts of crazy things.

If you ARE critically low on memory. Let's figure out why. Is there a recent application leaking memory? If you think that is a possibility then you should uninstall 3rd party applications in reverse order and see if that clears up your problem.

I know its a real pain in the **** and I'm sorry you're experiencing this. Hopefully you have a recent backup file of your contact list. For anyone else reading this message, make sure you backup your device in Desktop Manager (or sync to Outlook or BOTH) at least once a week.

Good luck!
    03-02-10 12:15 AM
    Does google voice do any syncing like google sync? Any relationship to the ones that are disappearing? Similar names, workplace???
    03-02-10 08:19 AM
    Ok I think i might have figured this out. I am sure other people will experience this. The google voice app seems to be doing it when it is trying to sync with my address book.

Even odder. I was able to get my contact names back but now all of the numbers are erased!!!!

So i am going to do a wipe and reinstall my address book and NOT install the google voice app
    03-02-10 10:52 AM
    This is the worst thing that can happen to a blackberry IMO make sure you have several back ups and do it often!
    03-02-10 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD