Hello,

I have a Tour 9630 on Sprint that is less than two months old. I decided today to check and see about a wireless software update. After about 2 hours I was wondering why this was still loading. Fast forward to ten hours later and I am stuck on the Overall Restore Progress of 0% and Current Database is Module Groups and that is on 100%. Elapsed time is 00:59.

I am desperately trying to figure out what is causing this. Battery out several times, wait and reload...same thing.

Thank you in advance.
    12-22-09 07:04 PM
    12-22-09 07:12 PM
    I will try this. In the meantime while plugging in my Tour, it asks for a password 4 digits. No clue on this.
    12-22-09 07:16 PM
    Whatever password you put on your phone.
    12-22-09 07:19 PM
    that one does not work...I feel like an ***** here
    12-22-09 07:20 PM
    It should be the password you set on your phone. Or you could try removing the password until you finishing doing the update, then just set it up again.
    12-22-09 07:25 PM
    Ok, i have logged in, however I cannot connect, the software on my computer will not allow me to connect with my handheld...

Back to not being able to access my phone...
    12-22-09 07:26 PM
    Are you using Windows Vista or Windows 7? If so try running as admin, I had this problem when I first installed Windows 7.
    12-22-09 07:34 PM
    I am running Mac OS X
    12-22-09 07:39 PM
    Sorry can't help you, I have never used a Mac with the BB.
    12-22-09 07:39 PM
    Fair enough. Is there a way to fix the BB without using the computer. I have been stuck on this software upgrade for over 12 hours.
    12-22-09 07:42 PM
    Hello MPO43,

Just an FYI for you.

It is always best to check with the software manufacturer FIRST. They will tell you if they have tested the product and the version, as well as whether or not it will work with Windows 7.
    Check out the Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibility.)
    Windows Compatibility Center
    There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".

There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:
    Windows Client | Deploy, Manage, Desktop, 7, Vista, XP | TechNet

In any event a lot of the times, Vista drivers will work in lieu of Windows 7 drivers, however, it's not 100%!

As stated previously, it's best to have the Windows 7 certified drivers installed.
    Thanks again,
    John M.
    Microsoft Windows Client Support
    03-22-10 02:38 PM
    Hello MPO43,

Just an FYI for you.

It is always best to check with the software manufacturer FIRST. They will tell you if they have tested the product and the version, as well as whether or not it will work with Windows 7.
    Check out the Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibility.)
    Windows Compatibility Center
    There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".

There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:
    Windows Client | Deploy, Manage, Desktop, 7, Vista, XP | TechNet

In any event a lot of the times, Vista drivers will work in lieu of Windows 7 drivers, however, it's not 100%!

As stated previously, it's best to have the Windows 7 certified drivers installed.
    Thanks again,
    John M.
    Microsoft Windows Client Support
    Spoken like a CS rep. Answer a question even if the answer is way off-base. The OP is using a mac.
    03-22-10 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD