I just went to our Verizon store in the mall where they will be holding me a tour for Sunday. The guy that was working had 2 tour's out for demo. I messed with one for about 20 minutes or so, of course it was not activated so i couldn't use the browser etc. I hope its because it was a demo, but the back cover was all loose already. It takes great pictures and the keyboard is nice. The screen is nice also. The only thing i don't really care for was the small trackball, its like really small. Smaller than it is on the 8330, maybe I'm sure I will get used to it. Its not bad. He told me their stock will run like the storm did, if they don't sell all their inventory by Monday afternoon they will have to pre order the phone from then on out. They had 10 and the store down the screen is getting like 30 i think. He said they wont be keeping any in the store unless they sell a lot of them.
    07-10-09 09:12 PM
    I just went to our Verizon store in the mall where they will be holding me a tour for Sunday. The guy that was working had 2 tour's out for demo. I messed with one for about 20 minutes or so, of course it was not activated so i couldn't use the browser etc. I hope its because it was a demo, but the back cover was all loose already. It takes great pictures and the keyboard is nice. The screen is nice also. The only thing i don't really care for was the small trackball, its like really small. Smaller than it is on the 8330, maybe I'm sure I will get used to it. Its not bad. He told me their stock will run like the storm did, if they don't sell all their inventory by Monday afternoon they will have to pre order the phone from then on out. They had 10 and the store down the screen is getting like 30 i think. He said they wont be keeping any in the store unless they sell a lot of them.
    Correct me if Im wrong because I was playing with a dummy phone today. I didn't think the actual trackball was smaller it's just there was no indent like the Curve or the World. It could be a optical illusion but I thought they are the same size ???
    07-11-09 12:15 AM
    I was at a Verizon store tonight and they didn't have any laying around.
    07-11-09 12:16 AM
    I did the same except the phone I played with wasn't on. Were you as surprised as I was at how small the actual device was, form factor wise? I also checked inventory and they said they had 30 because they were an "evolution store" which the rep described as a bigger store.

Keeping my Storm!!! (not because of the form factor but because I'm lovin my Storm)
    07-11-09 01:03 AM
    I did the same except the phone I played with wasn't on. Were you as surprised as I was at how small the actual device was, form factor wise? I also checked inventory and they said they had 30 because they were an "evolution store" which the rep described as a bigger store.

Keeping my Storm!!! (not because of the form factor but because I'm lovin my Storm)
    You thought it was small form wise? I played around with one earlier today and it was just right to me. I compared it to my storm for size wise and i was impressed. It wasnt small but it kept some of the heft from the storm. I might have to get it and i love my storm.
    07-11-09 01:38 AM
    Im def gonna wait a week or so before i get it...I want to read customer reviews on the device once it's launched and people get their hands on it...I want to make sure the trackball/screen rippling is not a real issue...
    07-11-09 07:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD