Hi guys,

Need help on something here. I was one of those unlucky ones to get the Tour when it first came out, and I got one that has a bad track ball (confirmed after watching that awesome video that was posted to show the difference). I'm new to blackberries after being a die hard palm treo 650, then 700p user and i know how to back up my device (apps, data, messages, etc.) on those whenever i would either break one and have to replace it or when i went from the 650 to the 700p. My questions is, is before i go in to the verizon store to ask for a replacement phone, how do i backup everything on the device, that way i don't have to start over from scratch?

Thanks in advance.
    08-24-09 05:20 PM
    Hi guys,

Need help on something here. I was one of those unlucky ones to get the Tour when it first came out, and I got one that has a bad track ball (confirmed after watching that awesome video that was posted to show the difference). I'm new to blackberries after being a die hard palm treo 650, then 700p user and i know how to back up my device (apps, data, messages, etc.) on those whenever i would either break one and have to replace it or when i went from the 650 to the 700p. My questions is, is before i go in to the verizon store to ask for a replacement phone, how do i backup everything on the device, that way i don't have to start over from scratch?

Thanks in advance.
    install Blackberry Desktop Manager go to Backup/Restore and do a backup ... this will backup all data on your device BUT NO APPS

follow this link to backup your 3rd party apps
    08-24-09 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD