As suggested on numerous threads, I put in a complaint to Planet Feedback 3 days ago explaining my problem, and requesting the solution be a replacement with the Tour as I feel it is an updated hopefully working version of a failed model (Just my opinion). I didn't receive a phonecall, so I figured I'd call over to Tech Support and see what they could do for me.

Basically at this point I am on my 4th Storm and I am getting regular complaints from people I talk to that I sound muffled or under water. The guy I spoke with said they could replace my Storm with another one, but after looking through my notes, he says I would have to go to a store and speak with Tech support in person and they could possibly, and he reiterated 5 times no guarantees, but they MIGHT swap it with another device due to the fact that I had gone through numerous devices with the Storm. Interestingly, it appears that the note I sent through Planet Feedback was in my notes as he made mention to some remarks I put in that note.

So I am curious first of all why this could not be done on the phone, should I had spoken with Customer Service instead of Tech Support? Is there any chance in **** that I will receive a Tour to replace the Storm, or are they going to stick me with this? Anyone with experience similar to this? I'd like to know the best way to handle it to get it resolved.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
    Last edited by DougFNJ; 07-08-09 at 02:35 PM.
    07-02-09 06:38 PM
    I put in a complaint on wednesday to planet feedback. I got a phone call this afternoon, from verizon customer service, the rep was very helpful, and she will be calling me back on monday (they are closed on friday) and said she would be willing to give me a tour in replacement of my storm. I am on my second one. Planet Feedback worked extremely well. I had called earlier thru *611 and talked to a couple people with no results. I guess it all depends in how you word your letter and how you describe your complaint. The reps i had called at VZW were absolutely worthless. One even said i had gone over my allotted minutes for june and needed to get a higher voice plan. I told him i barely had used 50 minutes out of my 450 plan and he told me i had used 550 minutes for that month. Don't know what that guy was smoking, but i voiced that in my complaint to Planet Feedback.
    Last edited by fightoffyourdemons; 07-02-09 at 08:46 PM.
    07-02-09 08:41 PM
    I guess I'll call the store when the Tour releases, before I go I'll call them on the Storm handset so they can hear my problem so I don't get much of a hassle.

4 units not working.....as I wrote in my complaint, I have lost faith in the Storm at this point, I need something reliable for my business.
    07-03-09 10:35 AM
    For the record... Verizon is not obligated to do ANYTHING!

This is the official warranty info straight from the BlackBerry website:

Warranty Information
    All BlackBerry smartphones purchased from Research In Motion (RIM), or an authorized RIM dealer, come with a one (1) year limited warranty.

RIM will replace, refurbish or repair, at its option, your BlackBerry smartphone and/or any of its components � including BlackBerry smartphone, cradle and holster � if it is found to be defective. The limited warranty does not apply to:

Reasonable wear and tear of the BlackBerry smartphone, cradle or holster
    Scratches or cracks to the LCD screen
    Damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect or misapplication
    Defects due to repairs or modifications made to the BlackBerry product by anyone other than RIM or its authorized service representatives

from: BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)

What that means is that Verizon doesn't even have to swap out your defective device. Technically, Verizon could say, "Oh, you're having device issues? Here's RIM's phone number. Go ahead and give them a call and they'll tell you how to get the device repaired."

But, instead, they swap out the device so that you aren't without a device while RIM is fixing yours. This is provided to you as a courtesy, so quit your B&M about how Verizon doesn't take care of their customers.
    07-03-09 10:58 AM
    For the record... Verizon is not obligated to do ANYTHING!

This is the official warranty info straight from the BlackBerry website:

Warranty Information
    All BlackBerry smartphones purchased from Research In Motion (RIM), or an authorized RIM dealer, come with a one (1) year limited warranty.

RIM will replace, refurbish or repair, at its option, your BlackBerry smartphone and/or any of its components � including BlackBerry smartphone, cradle and holster � if it is found to be defective. The limited warranty does not apply to:

Reasonable wear and tear of the BlackBerry smartphone, cradle or holster
    Scratches or cracks to the LCD screen
    Damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect or misapplication
    Defects due to repairs or modifications made to the BlackBerry product by anyone other than RIM or its authorized service representatives

from: BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
    Ok, true, they aren't OBLIGATED to, however reading threads all over in this forum they seem to had bent those rules to accomodate. Companies tend to use specific wording like that to protect themselves, however they are also willing to go a little extra for customer service....I'm in sales and customer service, and if I don't do that little extra when I can for MY customers, my customers can find someone else that could.

What that means is that Verizon doesn't even have to swap out your defective device. Technically, Verizon could say, "Oh, you're having device issues? Here's RIM's phone number. Go ahead and give them a call and they'll tell you how to get the device repaired."

But, instead, they swap out the device so that you aren't without a device while RIM is fixing yours. This is provided to you as a courtesy, so quit your B&M about how Verizon doesn't take care of their customers.
    I don't see it as B&M, and I NEVER said they don't take care of their customers I was simply looking for other member's experiences so I could get the same results. So feel free to relax...
    07-03-09 02:19 PM
    Just wanted to throw an update out there......I just received an email reply from my letter, they requested my phone number so a rep could get in touch with me today. I'll keep you all posted on what happens. I really appreciate those who gave the info about Planetfeedback, nice alternative way to hopefully get this resolved.....
    07-07-09 12:36 PM
    Well, I spoke with the rep from Verizon Wireless off the Planet Feedback, and she was EXTREMELY helpful. She is allowing me to switch the Storm with the Tour, I just won't be able to upgrade for 20 months which I am QUITE alright with. So she told me that I could try to see if one is available in the store on Sunday morning, if not I can call her Monday morning and she will set it up. She said to just send the Storm directly to her office in the original box and packaging.

So I will say with no hesitation, Verizon for ME is a keeper, I am absolutely impressed with how they handled the situation.....I would definitely suggest Planet Feedback to anyone to find resolution.

I would also like to suggest to others that get this positive response to go back to planet feedback and put in a compliment......these companies certainly hear enough complaints, I'm sure a pat on the back never hurts either

Thank you to those that posted about Planet Feedback, I really appreciate the advice more than you know.
    07-08-09 02:33 PM
    np brother, free tours for allllll, woo woo.
    07-08-09 02:49 PM
    I also did the Planet Feedback option. VZW is replacing my 5th Storm with a brand new Tour Monday via FedEx overnight! Go Big RED!
    07-08-09 03:45 PM
    Yeah they are doing the same to me. The guy I talked to didn't say anything about sending my Storm back. It was right at 5 when I talked to him and he wanted to get out of there and said, Ok I will have a tour sent to you on Monday so you prob wont see it till wednesday.
    07-08-09 03:55 PM
    I also did the Planet Feedback option. VZW is replacing my 5th Storm with a brand new Tour Monday via FedEx overnight! Go Big RED!
    Did they already put the order in or did they tell you to call back/they would call back to do so?

They originally told me they'd call me back when it came out (this was on 6/29). I've seen that they've told most people the same thing, but it looks like as it gets closer they're just putting the orders through.
    07-08-09 04:04 PM
    So I wanted to conclude the results here. Planet Feedback is excellent, I am very satisfied with how everything went.

Called my local Verizon Store Friday to confirm they received stock and will have it Sunday, and asked if it would be a problem if I did the exchange there. The guy on the phone said it would be no problem at all.

Went to the Verizon Corp store yesterday morning. They punched me in for Customer Service, then sent me to Tech Support. I told them it's in the system to do an upgrade, she said hold on 1 second and was gone for about 20 minutes. She came back and said because it is release day, she can't give me the Tour....told me to call customer service on Monday and they will send it. This annoyed me, mind you I am not one of those that scream in a store to get what I want, it's not necessary and it gets YOU embarrassed. I simply told heron Friday they said this was no problem, the woman on the phone said this would not be a problem. You walk away and have me standing there for 20 minutes on top of the 30 minutes waiting to be helped to tell me that I wasted an hour of my time and gas for a unit you have in stock but because it's opening day you won't take care of me? A manager was walking by as I was talking with her and told her to give it to me. So I sit here a very happy customer with a device that like the Curve I had before the Storm.....it just works....but faster
    07-13-09 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD