Just got my first Blackberry and while I am very happy (switched from Treo) - although I'm have some sound quality issues (but that is a different topic). Anyway, I'm wondering if I may have missed something, but I was looking to place a call on hold earlier today and did not see anyplace to do that. From looking around, it seems as though some OS's offer a "hold" function, but 4.7.1 doesn't??

Have I missed something?

Thanks for your help in advance.

-Jim
    07-13-09 11:24 PM
    Press the mute button?
    Haha.

Unless you expect music to be playing while on hold, mute does the same thing, right?
    07-13-09 11:25 PM
    While the music on hold would be a nice option, its not really what I'm looking for. I guess mute works just about the same. Like I mentioned, I was coming from a phone that had both mute and hold coupled with seeing some BB's have a seperate hold option while mine didn't.

SmashFace,
    yes, my Tour came with a user guide and it didn't mention anything. Thats why I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks.
    07-13-09 11:33 PM
    So what did the Treo do on hold that mute won't do on the Tour?
    07-13-09 11:34 PM
    Same issue here with a Sprint on AT&T. Who knows? In the meantime, found this to work:

Key in the following codes and press call on your mobile to switch Call Waiting/Hold on or off.

Activate: *43#
    Deactivate: #43#

To put a call on hold: dial 2 and press send.
    If you receive a second call, to switch between two calls: dial 2 and press send; or press Menu and choose from alternatives (hold or ignore).
    To disconnect from one call and return to a call on hold: dial 1 and press send.

No clue on how to join in an incoming call to a conference call. Any ideas?
    10-16-09 11:06 PM
    Depending on your wireless service provider and wireless network, this feature might not be supported.

1. During a call, press the Menu key.
    2. Perform one of the following actions:
    • To answer the incoming call and place the current call on hold, click Answer - Hold Current.
    • To answer the incoming call and end the current call, click Answer - Drop Current.
    To return to the first call, press the Menu key. Click Swap or Flash.
    11-12-09 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD