• OK, some things could be better

8 38.10%
  • It's a flaky handset

0 0%
  • It's OK, But I get PINK PHOTOS

1 4.76%
  • Total piece of RUBBISH

1 4.76%
    It all started late 2009 when my VERY first Blackberry, the Tour 9630 - Sprint, had a bluetooth problem. It took me nearly a month to figure out why no one could hear me on the bluetooth, and many calls to Sprint 611 telling me they can hear me fine...along with that, my camera was taking photos TINTED pink! I thought, maybe, the white balance was off for the handful of pics I snapped. I needed to figure out why anyone could hardly hear me with SEVERAL MODELS of bluetooth earbuds!

So I got the the phone replaced and my bluetooth works great, but my photos are still TINTED pink! The rep at the Corporate Sprint store told me my first phone had a bluetooth problem.

With more calls to Sprint telling this story to the reps who answer, asking to speak with upper level techs, they have never heard of pink pics, and will not replace my handset with a NEW handset because I'm past the original 30 days - NICE!

When I compare my handset with other phones including the Curves or any brand, the photos are like night and day; Your phone takes pics where the whites are WHITE, my phone takes pics where the whites are PINK!

The Tour 9630 in the corporate store ALSO takes PINK / DARK photos !!

Please, the settings are not an issue here...
    THE PHONES ARE DEFECTIVE!

The pics listed below are a representation of a Blackberry Tour 9630 with image quality set to best and other settings adjusted by someone who knows how to use these Blackberry camera "Options" !

So, finally I get the corporate Sprint store to replace my hand set, the rep comes out of the back with a refurbished piece of RUBBISH two days later. The photos are SPOT ON, but there is a HUGE piece of dirt behind the screen lens, I declined to accept that piece of trash based on what I paid for this device!

One Sprint rep offered to send me a Blackberry Curve 8530 or to BUY A NEW PHONE using my upgrade - Sorry, it doesn't work like that!!

However, I have posted my PINK pictures from the Tour 9630.
    Just in the event this post gets deleted, rest assured, I will post it somewhere else as well.

If you have a Tour that takes pink pics - ***** ABOUT IT !
    Don't let them take advantage of you - I'M NOT !!

Be sure to see the photo of the SNOW as the last pic here...PINK SNOW IN THE BRIGHT SUNLIGHT - Nice!

Last edited by DJRO; 03-01-10 at 11:13 AM.
    02-27-10 08:46 PM
    Gee I wonder how long it will be before we get the first posting about a camera that makes lousy phone calls?
    02-27-10 09:31 PM
    The cheapest of cameras take better pictures!
    02-27-10 09:39 PM
    damn dude, resize these pictures!!!
    02-28-10 09:20 AM
    damn dude, resize these pictures!!!
    Done, pics resized.
    02-28-10 09:43 AM
    I just want to make sure, but I am sure you have checked this. Is there any residue of the protective film still on the camera lens?
    02-28-10 10:07 AM
    Thanks for asking, but no. I've tried everything!

If I had to make a guess, the next thing I'd check is the plastic lens itself, but that requires taking the handset apart which I'm not going to do. The plastic probably has some properties to it that lend to the pink photos!
    Last edited by DJRO; 02-28-10 at 10:21 AM.
    02-28-10 10:19 AM
    02-28-10 11:11 AM
    Thanks for asking, but no. I've tried everything!

If I had to make a guess, the next thing I'd check is the plastic lens itself, but that requires taking the handset apart which I'm not going to do. The plastic probably has some properties to it that lend to the pink photos!
    your not the first to complain about a tint of Pink. I remember seeing a couple other post about some cameras having some tint of pink in them too. Should not be like that, and if it were me and still had the phone under warranty, I would take it back to get replaced
    02-28-10 11:42 AM
    Solution: Android
    03-06-10 10:49 PM
    It all started late 2009 when my VERY first Blackberry, the Tour 9630 - Sprint, had a bluetooth problem. It took me nearly a month to figure out why no one could hear me on the bluetooth, and many calls to Sprint 611 telling me they can hear me fine...along with that, my camera was taking photos TINTED pink! I thought, maybe, the white balance was off for the handful of pics I snapped. I needed to figure out why anyone could hardly hear me with SEVERAL MODELS of bluetooth earbuds!

So I got the the phone replaced and my bluetooth works great, but my photos are still TINTED pink! The rep at the Corporate Sprint store told me my first phone had a bluetooth problem.

With more calls to Sprint telling this story to the reps who answer, asking to speak with upper level techs, they have never heard of pink pics, and will not replace my handset with a NEW handset because I'm past the original 30 days - NICE!

When I compare my handset with other phones including the Curves or any brand, the photos are like night and day; Your phone takes pics where the whites are WHITE, my phone takes pics where the whites are PINK!

The Tour 9630 in the corporate store ALSO takes PINK / DARK photos !!

Please, the settings are not an issue here...
    THE PHONES ARE DEFECTIVE!

The pics listed below are a representation of a Blackberry Tour 9630 with image quality set to best and other settings adjusted by someone who knows how to use these Blackberry camera "Options" !

So, finally I get the corporate Sprint store to replace my hand set, the rep comes out of the back with a refurbished piece of RUBBISH two days later. The photos are SPOT ON, but there is a HUGE piece of dirt behind the screen lens, I declined to accept that piece of trash based on what I paid for this device!

One Sprint rep offered to send me a Blackberry Curve 8530 or to BUY A NEW PHONE using my upgrade - Sorry, it doesn't work like that!!

However, I have posted my PINK pictures from the Tour 9630.
    Just in the event this post gets deleted, rest assured, I will post it somewhere else as well.

If you have a Tour that takes pink pics - ***** ABOUT IT !
    Don't let them take advantage of you - I'M NOT !!

Be sure to see the photo of the SNOW as the last pic here...PINK SNOW IN THE BRIGHT SUNLIGHT - Nice!

A few things if I may.

A: You will NOT get a new handset if you're past 30 days. Sorry, if the water pump fails on your car im sure you wont be getting a new one.

B: Refurbished phones are by far better than new products.

c: You're in the United States. We don't use the word "Rubbish" here.

D: There was no dirt behind the screen. The screen is sealed, no dirt can get into it. Judging by your hot headedness, I'd say it was behind the plastic protecting the screen.

E: If you hate the phone so much, than upgrade. That IS how it works.

F: if you want to **** and moan, do it to RIM. You're lucky Sprint goes the extra mile to honor RIM's warranty. If it were up to me I'd have you without a phone for 2 weeks.

G: No one is twisting your arm to stay with Sprint. If you don't like it leave.
    03-07-10 02:06 AM
    You know with quoteing the pics the tint you see is probably due to the flourecent lighting in the stores. I have the same issue in low light at home the pics come out kind of fuzzy and yellow looking. Keep in mind this is a phone not a camera. Which has dedicated functionality to take pictures. The phone has so many functions.
    03-07-10 06:20 AM
    No actually, TonyTurboII you may not (after reading your post) but you already did and this is not my messsage board.

A: You will NOT get a new handset if you're past 30 days. Sorry, if the water pump fails on your car im sure you wont be getting a new one.

For your information, I DID get a new KIT handset ($0.00) and

ONLY when re assembled with someone who has a little pride!

When were you hired as my personal linguist?

D: There was no dirt behind the screen. The screen is sealed, no dirt can get into it. Judging by your hot headedness, I'd say it was behind the plastic protecting the screen.

This diatribe leads me to believe you were there, however, I could care less if you were or not. The CHUNK of debris was BEHIND THE PLASTIC LENS!!

Not for me - check my account if you know who I am

F: if you want to **** and moan, do it to RIM. You're lucky Sprint goes the extra mile to honor RIM's warranty. If it were up to me I'd have you without a phone for 2 weeks.

I tried that once, they referred me to Sprint. (would that be you?)

"If it were up to me I'd have you without a phone for 2 weeks."
    But it's not and never will be up to you so, Get Lost !

Thank you so very much for the great advice and the threat of not having service for 2 weeks if I came into your store. I look forward to seeking your Sprint advice in the future no matter how nondescript and pointless it may be.
    03-07-10 09:23 AM
    You know with quoteing the pics the tint you see is probably due to the flourecent lighting in the stores. I have the same issue in low light at home the pics come out kind of fuzzy and yellow looking. Keep in mind this is a phone not a camera. Which has dedicated functionality to take pictures. The phone has so many functions.
    Coolguy, it takes pink tinted photos outdoors in the sun, focused on nothing but WHITE snow...see photo above.

Every other camera in a cell phones takes clean photos, is Blackberry the originator of the random pink pics? (rhetorical question).
    03-07-10 09:27 AM
    I switched to Android
    Last edited by DJRO; 03-07-10 at 09:34 AM. Reason: android
    03-07-10 09:31 AM
    A few things if I may.

I see you do Sprint proud with that type of response and attitude. I have forwarded your post along with your PIN to the Human Resources Department at Sprint along with the following:

While browsing the forums on Crackberry.com I came across this post from a Sprint employee. I do not believe this post is reflective of Sprint or it's employees but wanted to bring it to your attention as I believe this type of attitude does a disservice to all the other employees of your company and may deter someone from buying your otherwise fine products.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/pi...7/#post4789840
    03-07-10 07:04 PM
    My Curve took way better pics than my Tour, but thats the way things are. U give up a little to get a little.
    03-07-10 07:26 PM
    I see you do Sprint proud with that type of response and attitude. I have forwarded your post along with your PIN to the Human Resources Department at Sprint along with the following:

While browsing the forums on Crackberry.com I came across this post from a Sprint employee. I do not believe this post is reflective of Sprint or it's employees but wanted to bring it to your attention as I believe this type of attitude does a disservice to all the other employees of your company and may deter someone from buying your otherwise fine products.

Hey KWKID, Kick ****!, Nice job dude! I just wanted to respond to his reply and shove it back up his *** a little. Thanks for the help. Most of the people I spoke with didn't seem to give one flying rats a *** about my issue, some people here, very nice, some people at Sprint real nice as well.

Furthermore, of those who have the same issue of pink tinted photos, probably don't care, or don't see it and don't understand but if you pointed it out, they might wake up, or know and don't care. Then there are those who, I would imagine, with a camera that takes just fine pictures.

I'm finished with this.
    03-07-10 09:42 PM

Thanks for taking precious time out of your day to squeeze in a bit of whistle blowing. I will apologize though, as your time was surely wasted, as I do not work for Sprint. Also, at no point did I say anything that wasn't standard procedure.

Hey KWKID, Kick ****!, Nice job dude! I just wanted to respond to his reply and shove it back up his A- $-$ a little. Thanks for the help. Most of the people I spoke with didn't seem to give one flying rats a $-$ about my issue, some people here, very nice, some people at Sprint real nice as well.

Furthermore, of those who have the same issue of pink tinted photos, probably don't care, or don't see it and don't understand but if you pointed it out, they might wake up, or know and don't care. Then there are those who, I would imagine, with a camera that takes just fine pictures.

I'm finished with this.
    Yes, bravo.

I'm quite sure you will run into a considerable amount more of people who give a flying rats *** about your issues as long as you continue to act entitled, spewing your tin foil hat filth how everyone is out to screw you over.

I switched to Android
    Fantastic, now if you could take your garbage over to Android Central that would be great.
    03-07-10 10:46 PM
    You just keep fighting "the man" like the non conformist you are.
    03-07-10 11:27 PM
    DJRO, you've been reported for getting around the language censor.

Have fun with you droid and please don't come back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD