I've got a pre-release Bold and the PIN still works.
    Just because its pre-release doesn;t mean the PIN will be blocked.
    05-29-09 03:02 PM
    Yeah I hope it's going to be the trackball just cause I like the look of the black and I'm used to the look I think trackpad would just look weird but it looks good on the 8520.

I would definitely be all over a high end device with it on there. I wont look down on it being a trackball though. In the future I would be willing to bet that the trackpad will take over
    05-29-09 03:04 PM
    I've got a pre-release Bold and the PIN still works.
    Just because its pre-release doesn;t mean the PIN will be blocked.

Your right it depends but quite a few have been heard to be blocked eventually.
    05-29-09 03:05 PM
    Your right it depends but quite a few have been heard to be blocked eventually.
    I got it from a legit source, so they have no reason to block the PIN.
    05-29-09 03:07 PM
    I got it from a legit source, so they have no reason to block the PIN.
    Correct, not all PIN's are blocked. However all steps are taken to ensure that those devices that fall into the wrongs hands PIN gets listed.
    05-29-09 04:01 PM
    Correct, not all PIN's are blocked. However all steps are taken to ensure that those devices that fall into the wrongs hands PIN gets listed.
    so pins of actual phone testers are not blocked as they get to keep the phone correct? but they block those that are occasionally sold to somone who may not be authorized to have one?
    05-29-09 04:13 PM
    so pins of actual phone testers are not blocked as they get to keep the phone correct? but they block those that are occasionally sold to somone who may not be authorized to have one?

This is probably the case..

I mean if you think about it phones has a similar street date policy as a music cd or anything else..
    05-29-09 04:17 PM
    Nice, but I don't like the back of the phone. hmmm.
    i agree, the back looks funny
    05-29-09 05:32 PM
    Thats what it sounds like. Why would they block the PIN of the device tester? Now if the phone is in a testers hands and then is shown all on the internet, then they'll probably block that phone QUICK! That Odin that showed up first is probably blocked the next day.
    05-29-09 05:52 PM
    Pretty much. I still use my pre-release devices. But after release the devices are accounted for and it goes from there.
    05-29-09 05:58 PM
    Pretty much. I still use my pre-release devices. But after release the devices are accounted for and it goes from there.
    So they verify that your Bold, or Tour and even Storm2 are still in your posession some how? or after release they ask for the devices back?
    05-29-09 06:03 PM
    So they verify that your Bold, or Tour and even Storm2 are still in your posession some how? or after release they ask for the devices back?
    They probably just do a check to see if it's in their hands. And I don't think they ask for them back. Hence he still has his Bold and Storm from pre release. And more most likely.
    05-29-09 06:24 PM
    They probably just do a check to see if it's in their hands. And I don't think they ask for them back. Hence he still has his Bold and Storm from pre release. And more most likely.
    i should be a phone tester. free blackberrys that are not yet released.. i could get used to that
    05-29-09 06:30 PM
    i should be a phone tester. free blackberrys that are not yet released.. i could get used to that
    But one thing about that, NDA.
    05-29-09 07:21 PM
    I like it. The back does look a little funky though.
    05-29-09 09:56 PM
    if they blacklist the pin who cares just throw it in your mr. fusion along with a beer can and a banana peel and go back in time
    05-29-09 10:58 PM
    i like the phone a lot dope !
    05-31-09 02:59 PM
    i cant wait for the tour to come out gonna use my early upgrade to get one
    05-31-09 03:21 PM
    if they blacklist the pin who cares just throw it in your mr. fusion along with a beer can and a banana peel and go back in time
    Great suggestion.
    05-31-09 03:59 PM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD