I loaded up some photographs today (JPGs) from my PC to my Blackberry Tour using the Media Manager function within Blackberry Desktop Manager.

The transfer seemed to have been performed just great and all my new photos can be seen within the media card of the Blackberry using Media Manager. They show up time and time again after disconnecting and then reconnecting the phone. However, when I go to the photos application folder on the Blackberry itself, it only shows a few of them, not all of them.

If Media Manager can see them all, why can't the Blackberry see (and show) them all?

I have a 2GB card installed and only have about 10 photos loaded so far but, I don't want to load any more if the Blackberry is not going to show them.

Any answers? Tips?
    10-28-09 12:40 PM
    Are they all normal jpg's? Any very large ones? Did you give the card the chance to SCAN. When adding new media, it can take a while before the contents of the card are indexed. Did you place them in the \Blackberry\pictures folder?

New card or old card? When using Media Manager (desktop, I guess) does it show all of the folders?
    10-28-09 05:46 PM
    Are they all normal jpg's? Any very large ones? Did you give the card the chance to SCAN. When adding new media, it can take a while before the contents of the card are indexed. Did you place them in the \Blackberry\pictures folder?

New card or old card? When using Media Manager (desktop, I guess) does it show all of the folders?
    1) Normal JPGs? Yes
    2) Size = about 30-50 KB
    3) Scanning? Left Media Manager connected to phone for a while. And, as I said, even after disconnecting and reconnecting, Media Manager sees the files on the media card but Blackberry itself is not showing them.
    4) Using the \Blackberry\pictures folder ... on the media card ... where my other photos are already installed.
    5) Brand new card. Other pictures are showing up.
    6) Media Manager shows all folders on the Blackberry. I only have two so far but, I can see them both, as well as Sample Pictures.

Still can't see all the pictures on the Blackberry itself, even though Media Manager can.
    10-28-09 07:41 PM
    Try accessing the photos folder and delete the BB Thumbs file. It's a hidden file, so you'll have to enable 'view hidden files/folders' on your PC.
    10-28-09 09:38 PM
    I had that problem once when I took a picture saved on my memory card, resized it, and then saved it. It showed up in windows explorer but the blackberry couldn't find it. I never figured out how to fix it.
    10-28-09 10:41 PM
    Try accessing the photos folder and delete the BB Thumbs file. It's a hidden file, so you'll have to enable 'view hidden files/folders' on your PC.
    THANKS RegE ... deleting that file worked!
    10-29-09 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD