Every time I put my phone on the table it restarts. It only really occurs when the phone lands on the table. Other than that it doesn't but every time I put the phone on the table or something its restarts and its becoming a little annoying. I have tried numerous battery pulls and nothing. Should I just bring it into Verizon to let them look at it and if something is wrong will they give me a new phone. Thanks
    01-26-10 01:45 AM
    i get same problem

get an index card and fold it. then put it over the battery(in between battery and battery door) and then close the phone back up.

if you have to do a batt puil use quick pull(of course if it freezes ull have to do a manual pull).

if you can still exchange it do so bc its the battery door wiggle and some phones are just better than others in that sense.
    01-26-10 01:52 AM
    ive had the phone for a bout 7 months, will they be able to exchange it at the store and would it cost money
    01-26-10 02:00 AM
    It should not cost you anything because it is a factory defect and falls under the 1year manufacturer's warranty. Now if this is caused due to personal damage and you don't have insurance on the phone i am afraid you have to pay out of your pocket to get it fixed.
    01-26-10 08:08 AM
    I had that issue a while ago. Took it into the store, showed them what it was doing, and they shipped a replacement out. If you are still in the first 30 days, they should be able to do it right at the store, but since you say you've had it 7 months, they will most likely have to ship one out to you. It is still under warranty, so it should not cost you anything but time switching everything to the new phone.
    01-26-10 09:21 AM
    this is a common problem so you should be able to get a replacement without paying, only thing that sucks is it will prob be a refursbished phone(dont like putting my face on something someone else did 1000 times) and you have to buy new screen protectors and get them reinstalled(you should def use a screen protector)
    01-27-10 12:32 AM
    I had the same problem for about 2 months. I took in my Tour today to Verizon and told/showed them problem. They swapped out my defective Tour for a new(or refurbished) Tour at the same time. It only took about 15 minutes to do the transaction and best of all, it was free. So I encourage you to take your phone to Verizon and tell them about the problem.

My first post ^_^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD