Water got splashed on my tour at the lake yesterday,now phone won't power on. Going to try the rice thing,can I use minute rice? Also what is this about some pink indicator? Tks.
    07-11-10 04:28 PM
    Don't you have insurance???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 04:36 PM
    You need regular rice. You need to leave it in the rice with the battery out for week.
    07-11-10 04:48 PM
    The pink indicator is the water damage indicator. They are white initially, and turn pink to red when they've gotten wet. There's one on the battery, at least one behind your battery, one behind the battery door towards the top of your device, and usually one in the front of the device under the front panel of your housing.

If they're pink now, your warranty is void. Sometimes you can have a zombie device - one that comes back from the dead - but if not you may have to get an insurance replacement or start checking out the marketplace or eBay.
    07-11-10 05:56 PM
    The pink indicator is the water damage indicator. They are white initially, and turn pink to red when they've gotten wet. There's one on the battery, at least one behind your battery, one behind the battery door towards the top of your device, and usually one in the front of the device under the front panel of your housing.

If they're pink now, your warranty is void. Sometimes you can have a zombie device - one that comes back from the dead - but if not you may have to get an insurance replacement or start checking out the marketplace or eBay.
    Is asurion replacing tours with tours or with bolds?
    07-12-10 06:46 PM
    If you're going to be near water, get a pelican or other waterproof storage box to keep the device in. Can't use it in such a box, but it won't get splashed when it's in there...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-10 10:08 PM
    Is asurion replacing tours with tours or with bolds?
    There are a few cases reported, but its mostly Tours
    07-12-10 10:20 PM
    There are a few cases reported, but its mostly Tours
    Okay thanks. I have a couple of upgrades available on my account so was either going to use one of those and get something different or if they were giving bolds then was going to pay the $100 and use insurance.
    07-13-10 01:16 PM
    Sometimes it'll work if you put it in rice for a couple days with the battery out. Try a new batter after the white rice trick. Has to be white rice. Unfortunately, if you try to power it on, usually the device is screwed.
    07-13-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD