I've had my Tour for a month or so and no major complaints. In comparing it to my 8330 . . . .it seems to feel warm/hot to the touch while charging or coming off the charger. Does anyone else had this experience? All of my equipment is standard stock Blackberry that came with the phone. I do have a rubber case, but it's the standard blackberry rubber case that fits around the back of the phone.
    04-04-10 06:57 PM
    Yes periodically. It doesn't happen all the time.
    04-04-10 07:43 PM
    mine gets a little warm also. It seems normal. I mean when you recharge batteries they tend to get warm. Same with rapidish discharge.

I reference this with hobby grade RC's the batteries get warm in charging them with a peak charger and get warm after you run them down.
    04-04-10 08:11 PM
    My phone gets hot sometimes when it's charging and when I use a data intensive app. Other than that it hasn't caused any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 12:19 AM
    my 9700 got hot when i first loaded a recent OS and let it charge. i was wondering if it was an OS issue or not.

usually, batteries tend to get warm while charging. batteries that never did, and now do and get really hot, could be a sign the battery is on its way out. just keep an eye on it if it gets too hot.
    04-05-10 03:32 AM
    yeah when the battery is on its way out it compensates by almost overworking itself. And yeah the tour getting warm during heavy use/charging is typical. Now if its wayyy hot like it burns you then you have a problem.

04-05-10 06:19 AM
    Hmmm, except that the battery is at the top of the device and the Tour gets warm on the bottom while charging.

04-05-10 06:40 AM
    I think every phone gets hot to a certain phone when being used with heavy amount of data or voice being receiving to the phone or while charging. My phone gets extremely warm sometimes when I use it to tether but honestly i am not worried because if it gets broken there's always warranty to fix it.
    04-05-10 06:50 AM
    mine gets hot when im on the phone a lot or when im watching tv or doing alot of texting..
    04-05-10 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD