Hey All,

Experiencing an odd problem at the moment. My Tour has been randomly crashing while I'm loading a webpage on the default browser -- no crazy pages, just the normal mobile sites I normally use or a Google search.

For a while it was always happening right at 50% battery life and I thought it was just a coincidence that I had been loading data, hiding a battery issue. But it just happened again with my new battery (after 2 weeks of no issues) at 90%+ battery life indicated.

Any ideas? The phone just turns off as if I did a battery pull, and then boots up again with 0% battery and shuts off.

-Cow

EDIT** The battery life was not drained this time. After re-boot it was at 90% battery life still.. So I might have had a battery problem, but this new battery seems not to lose its juice from the random restart.
    Last edited by Cowadin; 01-08-11 at 05:44 PM.
    01-08-11 05:39 PM
    Hey All,

Experiencing an odd problem at the moment. My Tour has been randomly crashing while I'm loading a webpage on the default browser -- no crazy pages, just the normal mobile sites I normally use or a Google search.

For a while it was always happening right at 50% battery life and I thought it was just a coincidence that I had been loading data, hiding a battery issue. But it just happened again with my new battery (after 2 weeks of no issues) at 90%+ battery life indicated.

Any ideas? The phone just turns off as if I did a battery pull, and then boots up again with 0% battery and shuts off.

-Cow

EDIT** The battery life was not drained this time. After re-boot it was at 90% battery life still.. So I might have had a battery problem, but this new battery seems not to lose its juice from the random restart.
    This is just a stab but have you checked your browser options and cache by chance. You may need to clear your browser cache and everything under that heading if it is full. Once you do that and back out it will say cleaning memory and then close it and restart your browswer and see what happens.

If not you have other issues. Have you recently upgraded your OS as well?
    Good luck and let us know.
    01-08-11 06:11 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I cleared my cache, but it was pretty empty already.

Just a side note, this doesn't happen every time I'm using my browser. It seems quick random at this point in time.
    01-08-11 07:01 PM
    What OS are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-11 07:33 PM
    v5.0.0.975 (bundle 1600, platform 4.2.0.424)
    01-08-11 10:21 PM
    v5.0.0.975 (bundle 1600, platform 4.2.0.424)
    That is a very stable OS. You might want to use BBSAK to wipe your BB & reload the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jbarbero; 01-08-11 at 10:31 PM.
    01-08-11 10:24 PM
    what is BBSAK? I'm not familiar with it. I'm also on a mac, if that affects anything.

Appreciate the help
    01-08-11 10:35 PM
    what is BBSAK? I'm not familiar with it. I'm also on a mac, if that affects anything.

Appreciate the help
    BBSAK is BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife. You can get it with all the other desktop tools you need at BBTweaks.com. The problems is that I am unfamiliar with fixing anything with a Mac. Sorry. But I would try wiping your BB reloading your OS. Do you have Desktop Manager for Mac? You might be able to do it with that. Good luck!
    01-10-11 12:08 PM
    Whoa, are you me?

This has been happening to me every day for the past few weeks.

Every time, it appears to drain the battery to 0%, obviously then turning off network connections. If I charge my phone, the network connection doesn't turn itself on and doesn't let me in the network options, I have to restart the phone /again/.

I was running the same OS as you until a few hours ago. Connected to my Windows desktop after no success with the Mac Desktop Manager and installed a newer OS because I couldn't handle it anymore.I dunno what if that'll fix the problem, but know that you're not alone!
    01-11-11 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD