Anyone else notice that your thumb sometimes gets "caught" on the bottom edge of the skin applied to the keys to the left and right of the trackball when scrolling up?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 04:32 PM
    I just applied my full set last night, pain to wait 24 hrs. So far i just have suds laying around here and there that i hope will vanish by later tomorrow. If not then i just may reapply the skin itself or consider sending it in.
    08-02-09 05:49 PM
    Got mine two-three days ago. I have to say, I am usually HORRIBLE at applying these things ( I have tried them on ipods in the past) and with the instructions o the site, including two full sets, etc. it was easy. Trust me, I have trouble making toast in the morning, so i thought i would screw this up big-time. But, mine turned out awesome, no bubbles, no rainbows, looks awesome.

I recommend everyone get a pair.
    08-02-09 06:56 PM
    Alright i switched it on and boom, there's water under the LCD, so I'm cooking the phone in an oven now next to some garlic bread.
    08-02-09 07:25 PM
    I recommend everyone get a pair.
    I say that alot, though not exactly in the same context.
    08-02-09 07:36 PM
    I have the privacy protector on but I think I will get one of these. They look great!!!
    08-02-09 08:27 PM
    Does it still fit easily in the OEM charging dock (pod) with the PS on? I didn't see this already mentioned.
    08-03-09 01:30 AM
    I have the privacy protector on but I think I will get one of these. They look great!!!
    You can keep the privacy protector on and still use the rest of the full body Phantom Skinz kit, which is nice. I don't use the Phantom Skinz screen protector, personally. I find it to be too thin for my taste. I simply use a different screen protector along with the rest of the kit.
    08-03-09 01:55 AM
    mvp and crimscrem,

I'll try and give a little explanation about our designs. We always try and cover as much of the phone as possible, yet still be able to be installed without being a pro. None of the "tabs or flaps" overlap if the kit is installed correctly. I have the exact same kit/design on my Tour right now and can confirm. What usually happens to bring up this complaint is that people "stretch" the tabs during installation. I did that on my Storm on one piece and left it. Try not to do that. Seriously, the pattern will almost fall into place if you line it up correctly and take your time.

In regard to the camera coverage being attached to the chrome coverage on the top, we feel it makes for an easier install by eliminating another seam (there are lots already) and is therefore smoother.Guru
    Agreed. My first kit, I overlapped and know it was because I stretched the film. I didn't realize they would meet perfectly. I went back and looked at pics posted here and confirmed so I removed it. The second kit I screwed up by getting a piece of dust on the film....grrrrrr. I've now ordered my 2nd and 3rd kits...lol. I WILL get it perfect!
    08-03-09 02:02 AM
    You can keep the privacy protector on and still use the rest of the full body Phantom Skinz kit, which is nice. I don't use the Phantom Skinz screen protector, personally. I find it to be too thin for my taste. I simply use a different screen protector along with the rest of the kit.
    I got rid of the privacy protector BECAUSE it was terrible compared to these things. That privacy protector made the screen way too dark and blurry to read, at least for me. I really didn't like the wavy lines, but wanted to protect the screen from damage. Getting rid of the privacy protector and putting on a skin was the best thing I've done for the phone.
    08-03-09 02:21 AM
    Oh well, I'm going to give it a try... just ordered Phanton Skinz ~ maxx will no longer go nekkid
    08-04-09 01:46 PM
    Does it still fit easily in the OEM charging dock (pod) with the PS on? I didn't see this already mentioned.

It fits perfectly in the charging dock with a full body PS on, fits even better if you take the battery cover off to charge it.
    08-04-09 02:14 PM
    We have switched batches of our raw material, as of this AM. Any screens that were sent out today and forward as replacements should not have an issue.
    I have your body kit for my tour and have noticed the vertical lines on my screen. Mine is odd as there seems to be only 3-4 lines on the screen. Other than that, the product is great and I have recommended it highly to a coworker who also got a Tour.

What do I need to do to get replacement screen covers from this new batch of material?

Thanks.
    08-04-09 03:47 PM
    I have your body kit for my tour and have noticed the vertical lines on my screen. Mine is odd as there seems to be only 3-4 lines on the screen. Other than that, the product is great and I have recommended it highly to a coworker who also got a Tour.

What do I need to do to get replacement screen covers from this new batch of material?

Thanks.
    all you have to do is go to the Phantomskins website, give costumer service an e-mail with your order number. Tell them your problem and they will e-mail you back most of the time within an hour or 2 and they will send you out another kit
    08-04-09 04:09 PM
    I attempted to do this install, and after 1/2hr I was only able to get on the back. I spent most of the time trying to get the piece on that goes over the camera. I could not get the tabs to go down, so I ran out of patients. The number one thing it takes.
    08-04-09 04:23 PM
    Tabs are too small to hold when they are wet. Its better to let them dry almost completely before putting them down.
    08-04-09 04:59 PM
    Is there any place that puts these on for a fee? Or anyone in North Jersey that want to put mine on for a fee? LOL
    08-04-09 10:13 PM
    Is there any place that puts these on for a fee? Or anyone in North Jersey that want to put mine on for a fee? LOL
    Phantonskins lets you mail your phone to them and have them put it on and mail back your phone to you if you ever wanted to do that route
    08-04-09 10:14 PM
    Phantonskins lets you mail your phone to them and have them put it on and mail back your phone to you if you ever wanted to do that route
    Ohhh realllllly? Do you happen to know the fee? If not, I'll call them during bus. hours tomorrow
    08-04-09 10:16 PM
    Ohhh realllllly? Do you happen to know the fee? If not, I'll call them during bus. hours tomorrow
    sorry, I'm not really to sure what they charge if any to do the install...like you said try calling them tomorrow and see what they have to say if there is a fee to do that or not
    08-04-09 10:17 PM
    I purchased the PhantomSkinz full body for my Tour, but have been reluctant to install it myself, after reading some other posts regarding the rainbowish lines in the screen protector portion. I e-mailed them and received a reply the next day...no charge for them to install.

If you haven't purchased the skinz yet, the only cost would be for which kit you want (full body or screen protector only) for them to install, and shipping to and from.

I'm probably going to send my Tour to them for the professional install....that is if I can pry the phone out of my hands and do without it for three days
    08-04-09 11:10 PM
    I purchased Phantom Skinz and sent it into their facility this afternoon (overnight shipping). They told me they will apply the skin and send the device back to me the same day. I will have my Tour back Thursday! Thanks Phantom Skinz. Will let everyone know how it turns out!
    08-04-09 11:14 PM
    I purchased Phantom Skinz and sent it into their facility this afternoon (overnight shipping). They told me they will apply the skin and send the device back to me the same day. I will have my Tour back Thursday! Thanks Phantom Skinz. Will let everyone know how it turns out!
    Hey tsmyth, did you pull the battery, sim card and memory card prior to sending your Tour to PS? Also, did you clean it first or leave that up to them? Just curious.
    08-04-09 11:17 PM
    Hey tsmyth, did you pull the battery, sim card and memory card prior to sending your Tour to PS? Also, did you clean it first or leave that up to them? Just curious.
    X2! Thinking of overnighting it today.
    08-04-09 11:20 PM
    I just took the battery out of the device. Didn't want to mess with the memory card/sim card. Also didn't clean the device throughly, I am under the impression that Phantom Skinz will clean it for me then apply the skin and Fed-Ex me the Tour so I have it back on Thursday morning. With the feedback PS has on Crackberry and based on the conversations I had with a few of their associates this afternoon, I have complete trust that they will take care of my Tour fully!
    08-04-09 11:25 PM
406 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD