Ok guys....well I don't have a lot of time to read through every post on this thread. I have been installing bestskinsever.com skins for over a year at home. It is a fairly tedious process and one piece of advice I can give is "patience is key".

The procedure I use is as follows....

Fist off I prepare my workstation with the following...

-Rubbing Alcohol
    -Cotton Balls
    -bowl w/ water soap mixture
    -bse skins
    -microfiber towel / or clean lint free towel

**making water soap mixture:
    In a bowl...black is best...
    Add lukewarm water about half way full
    Add 2 drops of dish soap to the water,
    Now with your finger gently stir the soap
    Into the water. You don't want to make any
    Bubbles. Hints the reason you use a black bowl
    So you can see clearly that there aren't any bubble.

Now to beging the install.

Remove the battery cover, battery, sim card, and
    Memory card. Be prepared to leave the device off
    For several hours...or at least not in use.

Put alcohol on a cotton ball and wipe the screen
    Down. Then immidiately dry off with the clean
    Towel. I hold mine in the light to ensure there is no
    Oil,lint etc on the screen. Same procedure will go for
    Every place.a skin gel is installed on the device

You are going to install the skin one piece at a time.
    I start with the screen piece. Dip your fingers in the
    Water and then peel the skin from its paper and put
    Into the water. Make sure you remember which side
    Is the adhesive side because when wet it won't be
    Noticeable. Now bring the skin out of the water and
    Shake as much water as you can off. Don't touch
    Your screen gel to anything whatsoever. Once you
    Place your gel on the screen align it with the edges
    Before squeegeing water out. Once you have it where
    You want it, place your thumb center screen and squeegee
    Around it. Once you have the screen installed use your
    Towel and blot around the edges to dry up any water
    Left behind.

You will use the water mixture for every piece of skin in
    The kit. Its hard to explain how to make them fit perfect.
    Best advice is to imagine every single piece where it goes
    On the device before installing. Some pieces work with less
    Water, but I suggest for your first time to use water.

Any tabs or splits in the skin, you have to understand they wont
    Wrap correctly at first. So anywhere they turn curves and such...
    Allow for drying time before really trying to make them stick....hence
    The few hours of unavailable device time.

I know we use water in the install and it is the reason you need to keep
    The battery out. Some water may get into the device but it will evaporate
    back out. although this install is very tideous if you take your time and
    have patience anyone can successfully install the skins.

**disclaimer**
    I nor Crackberry are responsible for any damage to your device, it is up to
    You to pay attention to what you are doing.

Good Luck...
    The results are awesome! They increase grip on the device and also prptect your investment!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 08:27 AM
    I just installed mine this afternoon. Everything but the screen for me was pretty easy, and I felt I did a decent job. My screen still has some rainbowy marks on it, maybe those will go away by tomorrow. If not I'll remove the screen part and keep the rest till I get a Seidio 360
    08-31-09 05:24 PM
    I decided to peel mine off today while at work. Just couldnt get used to the feel of it! I like the "naked" feel of the Tour so much better, especially the Verizon model. The rubberized surface on the back is very nice to use. I started to miss it.
    09-01-09 12:31 AM
    I decided to peel mine off today while at work. Just couldnt get used to the feel of it! I like the "naked" feel of the Tour so much better, especially the Verizon model. The rubberized surface on the back is very nice to use. I started to miss it.
    I agree about the rubberized surface of the VZW Tour, which is why I didn't skin the back except for the camera lens/flash area. With the PhantomSkinz, the piece for the camera lens/flash comes around towards the front and covers the bezel around the top of the phone. I then used the piece that covers the area under the keyboard (it says Verizon on it) and that piece also has "arms" that come up and cover the rest of the bezel; that part meets the skin at the upper bezel.

Finally, I put on the pieces that cover the ear piece (where it says BlackBerry) and the screen protector, and I'm done. This way the most "fragile" parts of the phone are protected and I still have the "naked" feeling of the rubberized sides and back of the Tour---the best of both worlds.

I haven't ever put the skins on the four keys next to the trackball because I know that they'll annoy me.
    09-01-09 01:04 AM
    i also have the phantom full body kit. Love them!

I didnt do the entire phone though as there is no need to cover the rubber of the phone...

i did the screen, back middle part of the battery, and then the camra lense. Since the camra lense skin folds upwards and covers some of the bezel which I didn't like, I just wanted to flash and camra lense part to be covers and no bezel covering anything, so ocne it dried, I took a razor blade and carfully cut the skin between the bezel and the carma flash and peals up the part that covers the bezel then so only the camra lense is covered.
    09-01-09 11:03 AM
    I'ved tired many different skins and phantomskinz is my fav

check out my video.

09-06-09 11:52 PM
    Anyone locally good at doing this send me a PM I'm in LA the state not the city
    09-07-09 12:18 AM
    Anyone from California that ordered this with Standard mail? How long did it take for yours to arrive?
    09-09-09 10:10 AM
    Anyone from California that ordered this with Standard mail? How long did it take for yours to arrive?
    They ship from Arizona, mine came in around 2 days after they finished processing my order.
    09-09-09 10:13 AM
    I got an email saying it shipped on Labor day. Can i expect mine to come today or more likely tomorrow? Damn, I wish I was more patient. The epik cases almost drove me insane and now I ordered 3 more.

Thanks
    09-09-09 10:20 AM
    I got an email saying it shipped on Labor day. Can i expect mine to come today or more likely tomorrow? Damn, I wish I was more patient. The epik cases almost drove me insane and now I ordered 3 more.

Thanks
    all i know is it only took 3 days to get to Ohio.. I imagin you would get urs today since your a lot closer to them then Ohio
    09-09-09 11:05 AM
    Got mine today, messed up sme of the first set. WTH? This thing is hard to put on. I had trouble trying to get the skin to stick on the chrome pieces. Anyone else had trouble on that part? I read the instructions carefully and made sure everything was clean and oil free. But still. I ended up using only the screen protector and ear piece part, then put back my epik case to cover the rest. Man do my eyes hurt.

Fingers all pruny too from 1.5 hours of trying to keep em wet. Any other tips?
    09-10-09 05:47 PM
    Got mine today, messed up sme of the first set. WTH? This thing is hard to put on. I had trouble trying to get the skin to stick on the chrome pieces. Anyone else had trouble on that part? I read the instructions carefully and made sure everything was clean and oil free. But still. I ended up using only the screen protector and ear piece part, then put back my epik case to cover the rest. Man do my eyes hurt.

Fingers all pruny too from 1.5 hours of trying to keep em wet. Any other tips?
    The trick for the edges is to wait about 5 minutes to let the water dry, and then gently push down to see if it sticks. If it doesn't wait another minute and try again. Eventually it'll by dry enough to stick and then you can just keep massaging it onto the edge until it sticks nicely. The other trick is to really keep everything clean and free of oil and dust.
    09-10-09 05:53 PM
    I got an invisibleshield, installed it myself and am pretty happy. Maybe if I have to change this device or skin, i'll buy phantom skinz next but I have no qualms yet with the zagg. When scrolling I dont feel the skin on the buttons and the feel of the skin is ok too. It's a bit rubbery and that doesn't seem to bother me. On a the screen, I dont think I personally did a great job at cleaning my skin but it's nothing dramatic that I can't live with. The only thing I don't like is that not all the corners are covered with zagg and I've read over and over that the phantom skinz are. So if for that reason alone, I would tell people to purchase from phantom because for the same price you get more coverage. Who can turn that down?
    09-11-09 12:02 AM
    yea very nicely done. Looks great!
    09-11-09 08:50 AM
    hey that sale at phantom skinz is still going on. But then again if you visited the website you would know that... they got a HUGE banner for it, lol.

but after watching their install video, this IS just like installing car window tint (i've done it). Kinda a pain, but I think its worth it. Which is why I'm ordering myself a full bodykit (for only $16!).
    woot woot
    09-11-09 11:14 AM
    I got the 2 for 1 for 24.95 full body kit.. not bad.. I love using my leather case so this is perfect.. Worked well with my beloved pearl as well..
    09-11-09 12:28 PM
    Anyone know how long it takes them to deliver to NY? I got a shipping confirmation on Sept. 7, 2009. If it matters, I used the free shipping option. Funny how I received the incipio case first.
    09-14-09 04:13 PM
    Were is Phantom Skinz located? Not the website lol.
    09-14-09 05:21 PM
    Were is Phantom Skinz located? Not the website lol.
    I believe they're located in Arizona. Again, any feedback would be appreciated. What is the estimated delivery time to NY?
    09-14-09 07:53 PM
    I have noticed that my screen has vertical lines in it after installing the Phantom Skinz on my 9630. I have installed the third of the original four that I purchased and don't plan to install the fourth. Contacted Customer Service and they stated:This is a defect in some of our material. Please provide me with your order
    number so I can send you a replacement.
    Not sure if I will install these again.
    02-28-10 08:03 PM
    I have noticed that my screen has vertical lines in it after installing the Phantom Skinz on my 9630. I have installed the third of the original four that I purchased and don't plan to install the fourth. Contacted Customer Service and they stated:This is a defect in some of our material. Please provide me with your order
    number so I can send you a replacement.
    Not sure if I will install these again.
    This is not specific to Phantom, I had this happen on a few Bestskinsever screen skins for the Bold 9700. It looks like a vertical rip in the skin when the light is one, when screen is dark you cannot see it. Is this what happened to yours?
    02-28-10 08:58 PM
    How does this compare to the invisible shield?
    02-28-10 09:14 PM
    Check out the new product PhantomSkinz might be releasing soon.
    I had the opportunity to go to their kiosk in AZ and they had them in stock. 2 colors that I know of; metallic orange and silver. They appear to be made out of car paint. It has depth and a super nice shine to it!
    Same price as the clear shield BTW

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    02-28-10 09:28 PM
    That is pretty cool, I like the colored skin. I just ordered the full body skin for my Tour, they unfortunately do not have the colored ones on their website yet.
    02-28-10 10:45 PM
406 ... 14151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD