I also have great battery life as after some pretty hefty usage I have about 40-50% battery after each day. I do charge it everynight though just incase my next day requires heavier usage I want my Tour to stick with me. I have no battery saving precautions as I keep my backlight at 100 percent gps on and my phones on Global.
    08-09-09 11:30 AM
    yesterday took it off the charger at around 11am. heavy texting all day along with the myspace and facebook apps. medium amount of browsing the web. weatherbug updating at 30 min intervals, screens at 60%, backlight 10 seconds. as i said off the charger at 11am yesterday, didnt charge is last night and woke up this morning at 10am with 20% battery left. not bad for heavy use and 24 hours of no charging
    08-09-09 11:46 AM
    Crap, I drained my battery completly before I charged it, old habbit, I didn't even look at the book. Maybe that's why the battery is crap on mine also...
    is it bad to do so? i always thought it was best to let a battery go to 10% or less to avoid it developing a memory.

@atmosphere, i checked on the Tour and it is possible to set it to 1x only, just follow the instructions i left nd u will see it
    perhaps others here might like that same info.
    08-09-09 12:08 PM
    Because you cannot do it on a blackberry. It has to be able to use EVDO. Without it its the same as turning data off.
    08-09-09 12:29 PM
    is it bad to do so? i always thought it was best to let a battery go to 10% or less to avoid it developing a memory.

perhaps others here might like that same info.
    Can you let us know how to do this if its possible? Also theres and auto on/off where you can set to turn turn off and then back on at a certain time. I do it from 1am to 7 am and I can get about 2 days out of mine and I am a pretty heavy user and run lots of applications.
    08-09-09 12:36 PM
    Can you let us know how to do this if its possible?
    tho im no BB savant i would guess that once the battery is so low that the radio shuts off would be ok, or when its completely dead.

ive had mine for 7 days and have charged it from dead twice
    08-09-09 03:24 PM
    best way to save battery is to use it less. thats just what i heard tho.
    08-09-09 04:06 PM
    Because you cannot do it on a blackberry. It has to be able to use EVDO. Without it its the same as turning data off.
    Incorrect.

A CDMA BlackBerry does not require EVDO, it requires data. Turning off EVDO is not the same as turning off data.

Remember, 1x is not the same as 1X. And 1xev is not the same as 1XEV
    08-09-09 07:26 PM
    ill post the instructions again for ny1 who wants 1X mode , they were on an earlier page of the thread b4.

options->mobile network->"network technology" tab; change "global" to 1XEV-> then go to "network selection mode" tab and select 1X only.
    08-09-09 09:34 PM
    esuser, you also mentioned that you have a storm. On the tour the network selection mode options are: "automatic" or "home only" There is no other options.....

And checking this, i noticed that my other setting Network technology was mysteriously changed back to global. I did not do this, I wonder if some app did this.

I also believe google maps is a battery hog. I lost a battery charge by 6-7pm with next to no use other than about 10-15 mins tops on google maps. and I think 10-15 mins is a very generous estimate.
    08-09-09 10:02 PM
    Dimming the light to 10 has saved me atleast 3 hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 10:08 PM
    esuser, you also mentioned that you have a storm. On the tour the network selection mode options are: "automatic" or "home only" There is no other options.....

And checking this, i noticed that my other setting Network technology was mysteriously changed back to global. I did not do this, I wonder if some app did this.

I also believe google maps is a battery hog. I lost a battery charge by 6-7pm with next to no use other than about 10-15 mins tops on google maps. and I think 10-15 mins is a very generous estimate.
    Google Maps seems to be part of the reason for the slow reboot on my Tour as well. Or it's just the fact that I enable the GPS (vs. e911 only) in order to really use Google Maps and Weather Bug. So it's a tradeoff. Do I want the GPS functionality at a moment's notice or do I want better battery life and quicker reboots? I tend to put mine on the charger every night and it lasts through the day just fine with plenty of "leftover" charge at night so I'll probably leave the GPS on except for days when I expect heavy BB usage.

What's interesting to me is that the Tour's specs have standby battery life at over 10 days. Oh really? What kind of phone settings was that based on?
    08-09-09 11:51 PM
    What kind of signal strength do you have? I know with GSM devices when I'm in a fringe area the constant signal hunting sucks the battery pretty hard. I have yet to delve into the CDMA blackberry world tho.

You've yet to delve in into CDMA blackberry!? If your on Verizon your using a CDMA blackberry....Verizon is a CDMA network and all their phones by default are set to use CDMA, even the ones that are GSM capable.
    08-10-09 12:58 AM
    Kegman, I am unsure why the 1X only mode is not showing up for u. I am not sure why u cannot do this, but i am guessing it may be the carrier that doesnt allow u to do this. I am using a bell storm and tour and it is possible to go to 1X only mode on both phones
    08-10-09 07:14 AM
    8/9/2009

I ran one full day today with backlight set all the way down at 10. And auto dim backlight set to on. I used the device all day calls, texts, bbm, and couple emails. I got 55% at 10:50pm right now. So that is 16 hours since I got up this morning that is pretty damn good. And in good RF all day. I think using these settings the battery should be good for a while.
    08-10-09 07:45 AM
    For those of you suggesting to drain the battery completely...that is something that would damage your battery, not increase its life. The BB battery is a Li ion attery as opposed to a NiCad battery which means you do not have to let it ** through full cycles becsuse the memory effect does not occur with the LI ion batteries. You should charge it when you get to 20%...I have been plugging mine in even at 50%. My battery life is great, I can get through 2 days of moderate usage until it hits around 30%. Granted, I do have screen at 10, GPS to E911, and I put my phone on standby or in the holster whenever not in use, but those are all things to increase battery life anyway...I should also mention that I am using my Tour on a GSM network, and reception is always great no matter where I am.

08-10-09 08:30 AM
    guess if i had looked at the thing i just might have noticed the "Li-on"
    08-10-09 10:39 PM
    honestly people, my battery life has gotten really ****ty, and i have read this Forum and i have no idea why ?

the only thing i can thnk of is me talking on my phone while it's in the charger.
    08-14-09 12:49 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD