I'm starting to use Password Keeper to keep my passwords in check.

I searched around the forum a bit, and it seems like the general consensus is that it "is" secure. Is this still everyone's opinion?

I don't plan on keeping banking information in there - mostly forums and other "lower security" websites.

My question is .... a) can you export (in excel file, etc) the password keeper's data, to put a hard copy in my safe

and

b) if the phone is lost/stolen, is there any way to "wipe" the device so I don't need to worry?

oh.. and:

c) if i set the password attempts to "3" ... what happens after 3 attempts? Locked forever?
    Last edited by bhb399mm; 07-07-10 at 03:59 PM. Reason: added a question.
    07-07-10 03:57 PM
    No; 3rd party app, such as Buddy Guard; and device wiped of all user data.
    07-07-10 04:12 PM
    Thank you.
    07-07-10 04:18 PM
    Yes, so be very careful with your device and make sure you don't forget your device password, or it does wipe the device after that number of incorrect guesses.

Password keeper is a handy application and seems to be very secure, just like the BB in general...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 04:24 PM
    Yes, so be very careful with your device and make sure you don't forget your device password, or it does wipe the device after that number of incorrect guesses.

Password keeper is a handy application and seems to be very secure, just like the BB in general...

On my device ... my "device" password and my "password keeper" password are different ......
    07-07-10 04:27 PM
    On question "c", it is my understanding that if you surpass the password attempts to get into Password Keeper that it clears the info in PW and does not lock your phone. If you have a password lock on your phone, then excess attempts will lock the phone. Does that sound right to everybody? As for "a" and "b", I agree with RegE.
    07-07-10 04:28 PM
    ya I was wondering the same thing cause i also use password keeper
    07-07-10 04:30 PM
    On my device ... my "device" password and my "password keeper" password are different ......
    What I meant was that if you password protect your device (which you should do anyway) that it wipes the device incl your password keeper data.

I do not know what happens if you exceed your number of attempts to get into password keeper but I can't see them making an easily hackable bit of software with the rest of the device as secure as it is.

07-07-10 04:48 PM
    Callpod, and yes you can export the passwords to print and save, although with a computer backup not sure why you would wanna kill that tree...
    07-07-10 05:24 PM
    Callpod, and yes you can export the passwords to print and save, although with a computer backup not sure why you would wanna kill that tree...
    elaborate?

I only see the option to copy a username or password to the clipboard - but only one at a time.
    07-07-10 05:34 PM
    I probably mis-use Password keeper but I pretty much have all of my passwords\info in only ONE entry. I just use the ENTER key, space one line and add another bit of info or password. So, yes, I can use COPY to grab it all and paste it to an email, memo or other file and then get a copy. If you do that, remember to clear your paste buffer and/or wherever you copied the info to so there is no readable copy left.

I have since moved to DataVault - BB and DESKTOP version. But I still have some stuff in password keeper.
    07-07-10 06:00 PM
    Thanks for all the input guys.
    07-08-10 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD