hey guys. ive had mine for a good week now, is anyone experiencing a big overheating problem? im noticing mine when charged overnight it will actually super heat itself and feels like its ready to burn your skin.
    07-19-09 10:24 AM
    There have been other reports of this in other forums. More so when taling on the phone long periods I believe.

I would get the battery or the phone replaced ASAP. while you are have 30 day worry free.
    07-19-09 10:29 AM
    I noticed this when i charged it under the pillow on my bed it got super hot because it wasnt properly ventillated. I charge it all night and as long as there is nothing over it or covering it i dont experience the overheating.
    07-19-09 12:22 PM
    well, i just got home from a 400 mile road trip. I was running sprint navigation for about 75 percent of the way. the last 3 hours of the trip i was pluged into car charger while running the gps. when i got home i realized my battery was at 50% and the device was not charging.

i checked the connection and that was good. the device was real warm.

i unplugged device and let it cool down for say 10 minutes, then tried to charge again. it worked.

my thoughts, this device really can't charge and run gps at the same time. device gets too hot and charging stops.

kind of like the touch pro does, for those who know what i'm talking about.
    07-19-09 12:27 PM
    well, i just got home from a 400 mile road trip. I was running sprint navigation for about 75 percent of the way. the last 3 hours of the trip i was pluged into car charger while running the gps. when i got home i realized my battery was at 50% and the device was not charging.

i checked the connection and that was good. the device was real warm.

i unplugged device and let it cool down for say 10 minutes, then tried to charge again. it worked.

my thoughts, this device really can't charge and run gps at the same time. device gets too hot and charging stops.

kind of like the touch pro does, for those who know what i'm talking about.

I had a similar experience using VZ Navigator yesterday. I wasn't using it as long but running the VZ Nav while it was plugged in did get it hot and there was less battery than when I started after I got to where I was going, which was only about an hour away.

I charge the phone overnight, every night and I haven't had the heating up problem while charging.

The longest phone call I've had was just over 20 minutes so I can't really comment on that yet. All though it got warm but did not near getting hot in that time.
    07-19-09 12:49 PM
    Navigation most likely requires more power than a car charger will be able to give, not that it won't charge fast enough

for example the apple iphone loses battery life if you are charging it while using gps
    07-19-09 12:52 PM
    every bb I owned has warmed up during charging..

but it shouldn't be super hot...

make sure the phone is ventilated during charging.. but still It shouldn't cook an egg..
    07-19-09 12:57 PM
    well as soon as i plug the charger in, I get teh LED clock. I have to push END button to make it go away and then the lights go out. IF i just plug in the charger and LED Clock shows and I don't hit END button, the LED Clock Stays on and it gets hot
    07-19-09 05:32 PM
    Mine gets slightly warm, but not hot or anything that'd worry me.
    07-19-09 05:35 PM
    well as soon as i plug the charger in, I get teh LED clock. I have to push END button to make it go away and then the lights go out. IF i just plug in the charger and LED Clock shows and I don't hit END button, the LED Clock Stays on and it gets hot
    Good to know. The first night I plugged mine into the charger it was wayyyy too hot! Not sure if my screen went black or not because I just plugged it in and went to bed.
    07-19-09 05:50 PM
    Mine warms up a little bit but not to the point of causing concern.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 05:57 PM
    Mine hardly warms up at all, even when charging. My only problem is the loose battery cover. Other than that, my Tour is great.
    07-19-09 06:05 PM
    Mine gets warm when I'm using it a lot and when charging. The first day it got very hot after using Desktop Mrg to transfer my stuff. But now it just is warm. Should I be concerned ya' think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 06:07 PM
    mine also gets a little warm, usually after a long call, but not so much when charging
    07-19-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD