I am consistently roaming. All the time. Well not 100% of the time but a damn good majority. As we speak I am sitting in my house roaming. I miss calls all the time...not because I cannot pick them up but because they simply do not go through. It goes straight to voicemail. I get people telling me they call me and I never get them.

Sometimes when I sent text messages they appear sent to me but the recievee won't get them.

I try to update my PRL and it says that I cannot do it try again and to contact my wireless service provider. Everytime. I am on 5.0 but it was the same thing when I was on 4.7. Reception is always an issue to the extent where it once took me 20 minutes to send a 400 kilobite picture over bbm. My signal is so unstable to the point that in some areas where I always got reception I just won't.

My phone sits in 1x the majority of the day. Rarely going into 1EV...barely. Sometimes my phone won't recieve any emails, texts, voicemails calls anything for about two hours on end because it cannot hold reception. With other Sprint phones in the area, they are getting messages and what not fine, yet my Tour is sitting there struggling to catch it.

Yea. I am a tad fed up. Is it a phone specific issue? As in should I call sprint and make them overnight me another one? Its my second tour (the other was switched for trackball issues).

What should I do?
    12-22-09 03:19 PM
    I have noticed almost every other phone and blackberry device on the sprint network in the same room as me has significantly better signal... this is true with official 4.7 os's and leaked/hybrid 5.0.238's on my tour.

Hoping official 5.0 resolves the radio issues with tour or i'll be forced to make a device change, every single call in my office gets dropped however I can use anyone else's phone with much greater success.

Also, i've exchanged my phone a few times and signal has been garbage on all of them.
    12-22-09 03:24 PM
    Lets assume that sprint has good coverage in your area. You can call sprint to ship you a airave for free. It is a device that uses your broadband connections to strengthen your signal significantly. Searching google, I found that if you cannot get reception, sprint will give it to you for free. That could possibly help without costing you anything. Have you ever used other sprint phones in your house?
    12-22-09 03:36 PM
    Ok. So it is not just me. Glad that is it. And yea...I am going to actually demand a new phone for free if 5.0 does not fix it. Seriously.

Whats going down with 5.0 anyway? When is it coming?
    12-22-09 03:36 PM
    Lets assume that sprint has good coverage in your area. You can call sprint to ship you a airave for free. It is a device that uses your broadband connections to strengthen your signal significantly. Searching google, I found that if you cannot get reception, sprint will give it to you for free. That could possibly help without costing you anything. Have you ever used other sprint phones in your house?
    Yes..my brother and sister get shoddy reception too, however, its not nearly as bad as mine.

I mean...in a place like a major mall where reception should be 100 % I roam and get dropped calls walking through it...not even in a store or what not. In the major hallways and food court. I drop calls like no body's business.
    12-22-09 04:45 PM
    I wouldn't count on a free Airave. They called my bluff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 04:49 PM
    Wow, that would drive me crazy! Call Sprint. I'm probably the only sprint tour that stays at 1EV 24/7. I never drop calls and my Tour is fast. No issues. Sprint should do something for you, we pay for their services..Is Sprint normally good in your local?

12-22-09 04:57 PM
    There is a thread , here, http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/po...h-tour-353136/ about the shoddy signal reception on the tour. try removing or flipping the sim card. It's only needed internationally. Also set the network to home only. Many of us have had varying degrees of success with this "field Fix". Give it a shot!!
    Last edited by KC2UUZ; 12-22-09 at 05:19 PM.
    12-22-09 05:16 PM
    You might want to try the .191 radio. I hear that it is supposed to be better then the .230 radio, although might slow down some of the phone response time (not by much).
    12-22-09 05:20 PM
    How can I get the .191 radio? And i tried that shoddy reception trick and it did not change anything.
    12-22-09 05:38 PM
    You might try wiping your Tour and re-installing the OS. It did wonders for my Tour. Very little lag, no dropped calls at all...working great now!

12-22-09 05:44 PM
    Wow, that would drive me crazy! Call Sprint. I'm probably the only sprint tour that stays at 1EV 24/7. I never drop calls and my Tour is fast. No issues. Sprint should do something for you, we pay for their services..Is Sprint normally good in your local?

I also am in constant 1XEV and everywhere i travel i am 2
    12-22-09 06:56 PM
    They have info on the .191 radio swap over at bbhybrids.net
    12-22-09 08:33 PM
    Never been to that site...anyway you could supply me with a link? Sorry....im also phone illiterate with this stuff...so yea.
    12-22-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD