Hey I know the tour comes with verizon's sim card but does anyone know a way to get behind it and use a different sim card for another country cause Verizon's international rates are pretty rediculous esp for my country.. I"m not paying 2 bucks and something cents for 1 minute.
    07-17-09 05:55 AM
    Call Verizon Global to get it unlocked (I told them I was traveling out of the country and they happily helped me). 1-888-844-0395

Then remove the Vodofone card and replace with your card of choice. I haven't removed mine yet, but I think it just pulls out.
    07-17-09 05:58 AM
    i know on occasion verizon wont unlock sometimes they tell people they have to have phone for so many days before they will unlock if they wont unlock check out my sig line and they do a good job unlocking.
    07-17-09 06:09 AM
    I have seen others post they got it unlocked thru verizon the first day this phone was out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 06:26 AM
    Actually, I would imagine good standing and tenure helps. We've been with them for years and never late on a payment. But someone who just switched from Sprint to Verizon, or who is habitually late making payments to Verizon...I could see Verizon not being quite as cooperative.
    07-17-09 07:47 AM
    I just called verizons global department and I got it unlocked, no problem
    07-17-09 07:54 AM
    I just called 1-888-844-0395 and got it unlocked within 5 minutes. The lady had to verify a few things on the account first and see if I was eligible. I was pretty sure I would be fine considering I've been a customer for years on a $170/mo plan that's not even available anymore. So I guess they have something in place to filter who can or can't get unlocked right off the bat.
    07-17-09 08:53 AM
    Yah I believe the only requirement is that you have had to been a customer for 6 months or something along those lines. Super easy took 10 minutes.
    07-17-09 09:19 AM
    You should have no problem with that. The only thing is you won't have 3g and will be stuck with edge.
    07-17-09 09:27 AM
    Has any one taken the sim out of their Tour yet? My friend has the Storm and I couldn't get the sim out for the life of me. It seemed stuck and I didn't wanna break it. The vzw guy told me it was impossible to use att in the usa. So I showed him a youtube clip of solomadrin vzw running att. He felt really dumb. They hate me so much. Lol
    07-17-09 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD