My Sprint Tour has been acting up lately (slow response, GPS not functioning), so I decided to see if there were any OTA upgrades available. At 9:30 this morning, I found that there was an OS update to 4.7.1.5x (not sure if it was .57). I decided to give it a shot...when initiating the update, I was warned that applying the update could take up to 2 hours.

No big deal, right? It is now 5:30 PM and the update is still chugging along. I am hesitant to stop it as it does seem to be progressing (very slowly). I am now at the "Patching Java" stage @ 74% progress.

Anyone else have any trouble with this update? This is insane.
    11-15-09 07:38 PM
    I just checked. the current version that is avalible OTA is 4.7.1.57. Mine is responding a little slower than i imagined for it only being 3 days old new in box from sprint after it took almost 5 hours to go through provisioning.
    11-15-09 08:01 PM
    I did this last week, it took a long time, but not THAT long. The "patching Java" part did seem to be the slowest. Just let it do its thing. I wouldn't stop it, that would probably mess everything up and you'd just have to start over. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 08:28 PM
    Ugh...looks like the update process went sideways. My Tour isn't powering up at all. I plugged it in to the charger during the update thinking that the charge must be getting low. Somewhere between Patching Java at 80% and above, it died.

Any ideas? I've pulled the battery several times and that hasn't worked.
    11-15-09 10:08 PM
    After more battery pulls, the update is running again. 12 hours in and it doesn't seem close to be finished. Hopefully, it will be done by Monday morning.
    11-16-09 12:03 AM
    When I did the .57 upgrade awhile back, I used DM to install it... took 30-45minutes tops and it was all done. I was worried about using the OTA upgrade, glad I didn't use it now. Hope you get your phone back up and running!
    11-16-09 07:34 AM
    When I did the .57 upgrade awhile back, I used DM to install it... took 30-45minutes tops and it was all done. I was worried about using the OTA upgrade, glad I didn't use it now. Hope you get your phone back up and running!
    Same here , .57 in just under 40 minutes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 07:55 AM
    I did the upgrade via DM about a month ago and had no problems. In fact, I just had a Reload 552 Error and had to reload the OS yesterday from the website (BlackBerry - Update your Device Software) and it took about 30 min to reload and surprisingly, my settings remained the same.
    11-16-09 09:12 AM
    I did the upgrade OTA and mine actually did take about two hours to complete. I was kind of worried at first because it seemed as if no progress was being made, but all is fine and my Tour is working perfectly..
    11-16-09 09:55 AM
    I am pretty surprised that you didn't get this update immediately. I was automatically prompted via DM about a month ago to upgrade. It was a painless process; happened in about 40 minutes by my reckoning. I can't say I've noticed any difference in the operating of my BB since the upgrade, but it says on the website that it fixed some bugs.
    11-16-09 11:38 AM
    At about 2:30 AM (based on when my emails started trickling in), my Tour was up and running again. By my calculations, this update took about 17 hours to complete - pretty pathetic considering it took most less than an hour to do via DM. Lesson learned, I suppose...

No huge difference, but somehow my GPS is functioning again and it actually now works with Google Maps. I guess this is a good thing. Thanks for all the feedback!
    11-16-09 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD