I can't seem to get my app loader or DM to pick up my downloaded OS (i've tried it with 5.0.419, 5.0.533 and downloaded/unzipped several times to no avail). I was wondering does it have something to do with it not being an .alx or .ali file? I wiped my blackberry and tried blackberry swiss army knife 1.7 also no luck there. I went through all the processes on this manual as well as tried directly from the Application loader wizard and again I came up empty... It just seems that no programs will pick up the OS leaks even though they have been fully downloaded and the download process went through successfully each time and i have deleted the vendor file.. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks
    03-12-10 02:48 PM
    Make sure only one OS has been installed on your computer at a time. Control panel/add or remove programs.
    Then try searching for vendor.xml just to make absolutely sure there aren't any other vendor files sneaking in.

Try the apploader again, and it should work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 04:38 PM
    Start over and delete all OS you downloaded. Just have one on your comp.
    03-12-10 04:47 PM
    I've done that so only one remains but the original is still getting recognized by desktop manager (4.7) and isnt listed in my programs. Otherwise the application loader still isn't picking up my new, downloaded OS- 5.0.548. is that because its not an .axl file? I've completed the downloading process but neither the DM or app loader can pick up anything or maybe its because I can't seem to find it
    03-12-10 04:57 PM
    Go here and make sure on the OS 5 files are there. If there is another folder with 4.7 files, you can merely move it elsewhere on your drive (in case you want to restore it at another time):

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files

Disconnect from the internet also.
    03-12-10 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD