Hello all. No, this is not another post asking when/where/how for 5.0. I plan to patiently wait on 5.0 for my Tour until it's been officially released.

My question. Does anyone have a link to a good in-depth review for OS 5? I'd like to read about it and find out what goodies and must-have features await us Tour owners. I've heard about some of them (threaded sms, etc.). But I'm looking for an honest-to-goodness solid review of OS 5. Or a good preview of how it looks/feels on the Tour.

Thanks!
    11-12-09 09:33 AM
    I got improved battery life, faster browser, quicker response/no lag.... the threaded sms as you said but you can also use the sms right from your bbm if you add the person to your bbm contacts that way you dont have to keep switching between sms and bbm....
    11-12-09 09:49 AM
    Hello all. No, this is not another post asking when/where/how for 5.0. I plan to patiently wait on 5.0 for my Tour until it's been officially released.

My question. Does anyone have a link to a good in-depth review for OS 5? I'd like to read about it and find out what goodies and must-have features await us Tour owners. I've heard about some of them (threaded sms, etc.). But I'm looking for an honest-to-goodness solid review of OS 5. Or a good preview of how it looks/feels on the Tour.

Thanks!

best i can do right now...

View Document
    11-12-09 09:52 AM
    Thank you for the quick replies.

The official doc from BB is exactly what I was after. Thx bluelaser!

Looks pretty hip. Will be neat when its released.
    11-12-09 10:04 AM
    Sorry I am new to the OS 5.0 scene, but if it is already out on other phones why is it not out already for the Tour?
    11-12-09 10:08 AM
    Sorry I am new to the OS 5.0 scene, but if it is already out on other phones why is it not out already for the Tour?
    There are so many different models in the BB line that the OS has to be developed/tweaked for each model (e.g. Storm is a touchscreen, Tour is QWERTY keyboard). It's not like the Jesus phone where there is only one platform and everyone has the same basic phone. The carrier, I think, also has to do their testing to make sure the OS works smoothly with their network. So, in effect, you see the different version of the same OS being released at different times.
    11-12-09 10:14 AM
    best i can do right now...

View Document
    Awesome link, thanks!
    11-12-09 11:02 AM
    After reading the above link, I'm almost tempted to try the leaked .230 again. Can someone confirm that includes the following features:

- Email flagging
    - Date always displays at top of Messages
    - Camera autofocus close-up mode
    - Photo resizing options when sending
    -
    11-12-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD