Downloaded OS 4.7.1.57 for my Verizon Tour, all went well, and I deleted the Vendor XML file, when I go to BB Desktop Manager it shows ver 4.7.1.57 so I check it off and hit next, and tells me there are no new software updates available? I currently have 4.7.1.40 which is checked, when I un-check it and check 4.7.1.57 it still tells me there are no new updates? Can anyone help please!
    Last edited by bbueding; 10-19-09 at 09:45 AM. Reason: wrong ver #
    10-19-09 09:39 AM
    So you have .57 on your tour?
    10-19-09 09:41 AM
    no I have 4.7.1.40 on my tour
    10-19-09 09:43 AM
    Try using BBSAK instead of DM. DM is really only used by most for backing up data and such. Search around on the other programs out there instead of using DM.
    10-19-09 09:49 AM
    Make sure you did it right. Here's the instructions from DonNyguen's how-to post.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download the leaked OS
    2. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option. NOTE: If you get an error during this process, clear your browser cache (Browser > Menu Key > options > cache operation > clear all of them)
    3. Back up your 3rd party apps. How to backup 3rd party applications
    4. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    5. Download desired OS to your PC
    6. Install/run OS to PC
    7. If you are NOT on Verizon, delete vendor.xml file. It’s located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    8. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should
    9. Click Application Loader
    10. Click Update
    11. At this point, disconnect your computer from the internet
    12. Select the OS you would like to load and continue
    13. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 20-90 minutes to complete upgrade.

Note: Make sure to back up your phone and third party apps prior to updating in case something goes wrong in the update process
    10-19-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD