Okay, this may sound crazy, but I think the 4.7.1.57 OS upgrade I recently did messed up my headphone jack...

I'd had problems after originally getting the phone three months ago but had overcome them by connecting my Monster FM Transmitter that I use in my truck to this headphone jack adapter. Now after the OS upgrade, the adapter won't register in the headphone port at all. I insert it...and nothing. It bears repeating that before the OS upgrade, this adapter worked very well and was actually rock solid, it would connect up and never loose signal even if I shook the phone...now it won't connect at all.

Using the Monster FM Transmitter jack without the adapter has the same results as when I originally got the phone, if you futz around with it, you can get it inserted just right so that it registers correctly...but if you move the phone, even slightly, you risk a disconnection, the music pauses, and the voice dialer sometimes even activates...

I use my blackberry as my primary source of music, so this is a major issue for me.

So...I originally thought this was a hardware problem, but now I think it's a software/OS issue.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any thoughts/ideas?
    10-14-09 05:13 PM
    I have been having problems on and off for a while with the headphone jack not being recognized in the media player while being perfectly recognized by the phone app. I actually had it initially with 4.7.1.53 though. Not sure, but don't remember it with 4.7.1.40 the stock OS.

-frank
    10-14-09 05:17 PM
    I have been having problems on and off for a while with the headphone jack not being recognized in the media player while being perfectly recognized by the phone app. I actually had it initially with 4.7.1.53 though. Not sure, but don't remember it with 4.7.1.40 the stock OS.

-frank
    Hmmm, so you're suggesting it might be the media player? Funny thing is, I've got a different adapter connected to a bookshelf stereo in my house, and that adapter works perfectly well - before and after the upgrade. I know there are slight variations in jacks, but it's almost like I'm battling two problems - hardware and software.
    10-14-09 05:28 PM
    I downgraded the OS back to 4.7.1.40 and the headphone jack problems described in my post above went away. It baffles me that this problem is software/OS related...but I'm convinced it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD