Was looking at the featured post of the 9700 "onyx" and thought, "I wonder if it would be possible to put the home keys, along with the optical sensor in place of my home keys and trackball?"

Now I know it more than likely won't work out because the connector will be different, but it is nice to dream
    08-10-09 07:59 PM
    I was thinking along the same lines, that the Onyx looks exactly like the Tour but with a trackpad.
    08-10-09 08:01 PM
    I feel that a dremel would probably be required.
    08-10-09 08:14 PM
    It's more than a dremel. Plus then you have the issue of getting software to work with it too. I'm sure its possible but far to difficult.

Furthermore I would assume OP wants to implement the trackpad from the 8520. Well the little area on the 8520 actually has the trackpad a few milimetres above the bottom of the piece. Its tough to explain but it would be really hard to do.
    08-10-09 10:38 PM
    I've heard the trackpads don't work very well if your thumb is the least bit moist. Seems like it would be very frustrating if it is humid out or your hands are a bit sweaty, and the stupid thing won't respond and is jumping all over the place.

Not sure if you can switch it or not, but I'm not sure you would want to...
    08-10-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD